New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Microsoft Outlook -> Entourage

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

forza

Just for the record, after having spent the past 3 days dedicated to transferring my Outlook data to Entourage, Paul Berkowitz' program 'Import-Export Entourage X-131' is pretty useful, specifically for contacts and notes and tasks.

You can, however, transfer mail simply by importing your mailboxes to Mozilla on PC and then transferring those files to OS X, append/edit the file type to '.mbox' and you can literally drag those to the mail window in Entourage and it'll add a mailbox.

Other things I learned in this endless transfer & organization process:
Don't rename your shortname
Don't rename the home folder in Finder, because when you reboot, you'll find all your settings gone (at least, displaced to a 'different' user) - this comment is undoubtedly going to take heat from Mac experts but...

Still working out the move from Money to Quickbooks, since no importation method exists between the two finance clients. iTunes wouldn't import my .mp3 files after transffering them so I had to drag them to the iTunes window about 150 at a time (I selected the copy to iTunes directory option so I had to do this in bunches to allow for copy time and not mass crash of OS X).

Running on 256 MB DDR333 SDRAM, wishing for more.

- Forza Italia! EuroCup 2004 bambina!
QUOTE Thanks
pcjabber

Thanks for the info. However, did you mean "Export-Import Entourage X 1.3.1"? It is available at VersionTracker at http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15279.
QUOTE Thanks
TitaniumDreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza
Just for the record, after having spent the past 3 days dedicated to transferring my Outlook data to Entourage, Paul Berkowitz' program 'Import-Export Entourage X-131' is pretty useful, specifically for contacts and notes and tasks.
I'm a mac newbie and I had trouble figuring out how to run those scripts...how is it done?
QUOTE Thanks
mlawrence07

mlawrence07 is on a distinguished road

I am working in an office where Entourage 2004 is installed on all of the Macs, as well as Microsoft Exchange Server. All of the Macs are able to open another user's file except for one of them. On this computer, the option to "open other users folder" does not show up under the file menu. The configuration settings on this computer are the same as all of the other computers, on which this feature works. I tried to uninstall, and then reinstall Entourage to fix this problem, but in the process encountered a new issue. Entourage appeared to go through the uninstallation process, but after it said it was complete, Entourage was still in the dock and could be launched as normal. Therefore, if anyone could help solve the issue with folder sharing, or with uninstalling entourage, that would be fantastic.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How accurate is Xbench ? I ran it on 5 Macbooks @ Compusa | TaskBar »