New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Flaws of Mac os X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

elbolao23

elbolao23 is on a distinguished road

Everybody talks about the positive side of mac os x and i know that is far better than windows....what would you change about mac os x or what do you wish mac os x had?

QUOTE Thanks
ibookclamman300

ibookclamman300 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM

well i cant really blame Apple as much as software developers for not having as many 3rd party programs. Some developers just dont make a mac version, like with some p2p networks, not all support mac OS. Not really an OS flaw though, just a support issue.

Mac: Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 120gb hdd, 1gb ram, black
iPod: iPod nano 2ng gen. 8gb, black
QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

The Zoom button - I think the zoom button is a very good idea because it only maximizes the screen to how much you need it, but sometimes it does not work properly

For example when I click on the zoom button on finder it resizes the window to a stupid size. When I do it in the applications folder it creates one column but makes the window long in length...

Also sometimes when I click on the zoom button the finder window for some reason repositions itself on the screen to the bottom right hand corner - whyyyy!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahvikram123 View Post
The Zoom button - I think the zoom button is a very good idea because it only maximizes the screen to how much you need it, but sometimes it does not work properly

For example when I click on the zoom button on finder it resizes the window to a stupid size. When I do it in the applications folder it creates one column but makes the window long in length...

Also sometimes when I click on the zoom button the finder window for some reason repositions itself on the screen to the bottom right hand corner - whyyyy!!!!
I think option + mouse scroll wheel zooms in and out as well.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Ninjab3ar

Ninjab3ar has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600

Dude, this is the 3rd thread I have seen of this subject today :/
QUOTE Thanks
Number2MVP

Number2MVP is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjab3ar View Post
*cough*Title27GT*cough*
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjab3ar View Post
I sort of thought the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2MVP
*cough*Title27GT*cough*
No, he's been here too long to be Title27GT, but you haven't.

QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbolao23 View Post
what would you change about mac os x or what do you wish mac os x had?
More Games Support.

Beyond that I think it's the best OS I've seen/used so far, although I'm always open to change. Hence why I'm on a Mac and not Windows!

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
Number2MVP

Number2MVP is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
I sort of thought the same thing.

No, he's been here too long to be Title27GT, but you haven't.
What was so bad about the guy in the first place?
I was here before he got banned, his thread was the first one I read.
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Eh, Finder gets a little stupid if you have a misbehaving disk type device attached to it that isn't quite all there. I was having some problems with my external firewire drive hosing out in a way in which it was kind of attached, but Finder thought it was still there to talk to, so it beachedballed and hung the system until I either turned off the drive, or pulled the cable. Then it would complain to me that I should eject things before I willy-nilly unplug it. Well excuuuse me Finder, I'll be good in the future. (Thankfully, this turned out to be a cable issue, and a replacement cable has appeared to fix this.)

I'm sure there's some other thing. Most of them are different ways of doing things, like hitting Enter to rename a file instead of launching it (something I find quite nice, actually) no cut/paste for files (but I know why that is, and sort of agree with it) Dock's a little laggy when right-clicking the applications folder I have in there, and sometimes Dock crashes on me. Oh, and when apps want to get your attention they bounce in the Dock until I click on the app. Sorry, Dock, but iCal is in another desktop; I'll flip to it in a minute...oh, jeeze it won't stop bouncing, okay fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Favourite Feature Of Mac? | desktop items removal question »