Thread: mac wifi

mac wifi
    Specs:
    iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
    mac wifi
    I have a mac dual g5 desktop at home and its connected to the same network as my windows laptop, does anyone know how i can share files between them? I enabled windows file sharing on the mac, but my pc doesnt detect the mac at all and i have no idea how to detect other computers using the mac. Any help would me greatly appreciated.

mac wifi

Quote Originally Posted by eliehass View Post
    I have a mac dual g5 desktop at home and its connected to the same network as my windows laptop, does anyone know how i can share files between them? I enabled windows file sharing on the mac, but my pc doesnt detect the mac at all and i have no idea how to detect other computers using the mac. Any help would me greatly appreciated.
    Connect the two with a standard ethernet cable maybe?

mac wifi
    Specs:
    iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
    If they are all on the same LAN, you will need to go into the control panel of windows, and go to the network settings. There will be a tab on the left that says, "create network connection" or something of the similar. You will need to run the wizard. It's very simple and straight forward. Basically, this will allow the PC to share it's files over the network.

The mac will see the PC through the network tab in finder, you'll probably see a folder or two when you click "network" on the mac. One of them will be your workgroup / network name of the PC, you'll then be able to click and log into the PC.

mac wifi

Specs:
    20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
    It's easier to detect a PC on a Mac, than it is to detect a Mac on a PC. It will be even easier in Leopard. Thanks, Bonjour! *winks and holds thumb up*

mac wifi
    Specs:
    iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
    Yeah! Also,

I forgot to mention, if the PC is already connected and is on another network, or has an network set up on it, the mac should be able to see it with no problems. You just need to open a finder window and click network, sometimes it will take a second or two for it to list all of the computers connected to the network, but it should see it.

Thread Information