Ipod Rebate Confusion
    Hey all, I just bought a MBP with the student discount and got a "free" ipod nano and printer. The nano came in the mail today, so I went online to start the rebate process.

To be honest, I find the whole process confusing. Because I got the printer as well, I want to claim both rebates. However, the printer is in the mail still, and the MBP hasn't even shipped yet. Now, according to the rebate instructions, I need the UPC from the MBP to get the rebates, and if I am claiming more than one, I need to photocopy the MBP UPC for each additional item. My main concern is that I will get my MBP in 2-3 weeks, leaving me less than a week to get the UPC's into apple to be before the deadline.

If someone could give me some insight to what I need to do, that would be great. Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by analogboy View Post
    Hey all, I just bought a MBP with the student discount and got a "free" ipod nano and printer. The nano came in the mail today, so I went online to start the rebate process.

To be honest, I find the whole process confusing. Because I got the printer as well, I want to claim both rebates. However, the printer is in the mail still, and the MBP hasn't even shipped yet. Now, according to the rebate instructions, I need the UPC from the MBP to get the rebates, and if I am claiming more than one, I need to photocopy the MBP UPC for each additional item. My main concern is that I will get my MBP in 2-3 weeks, leaving me less than a week to get the UPC's into apple to be before the deadline.

If someone could give me some insight to what I need to do, that would be great. Thanks alot.
    Where do you live?
    If you ordered directly from apple then there is no reason for your MBP to come in 2-3 weeks, even if it wasn't the stock model.

I live in Canada. I really hope it doesn't take that long. I basically want to know if I have to wait for the MBP to arrive before I can claim the rebates.

Quote Originally Posted by analogboy View Post
    I live in Canada. I really hope it doesn't take that long. I basically want to know if I have to wait for the MBP to arrive before I can claim the rebates.
    If you live in relatively southern Canada it shouldn't take that long.

I believe I read on the mail in rebate terms and conditions that the last day the rebate must be postmarked by would be 30 days after the shipping date of the last shipped item on the invoice, that being the MBP. So basically, you can chill until your new MBP arrives and fill out the rebate forms then.

Ok thanks guys, this really puts my mind at ease. I can't wait my macbook arrives!

Thread Information