Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: price

  1. #1


    Member Since
    May 30, 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    34
    Specs:
    17" Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 2gb Ram
    price
    I'm thinking about waiting for leopard until i buy my macbook pro.
    For Australia leopard is going to be about $200.

    Will i save myself $200 by waiting for leopard or will Apple factor in the price of leopard into its hardware when it comes out?

    Thoughts?

  2. #2

    Ninjab3ar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    338
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_im View Post
    I'm thinking about waiting for leopard until i buy my macbook pro.
    For Australia leopard is going to be about $200.

    Will i save myself $200 by waiting for leopard or will Apple factor in the price of leopard into its hardware when it comes out?

    Thoughts?
    Don't worry, Apple will not factor the price of leopard into their computers. They will remain the same price, but with Leopard pre-installed (and maybe even iLife 07', if it comes out by then)

  3. #3

    RiDE's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 13, 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,570
    Specs:
    Mac's
    You'd save yourself $200... Apple loads the latest OS on every machine they sell.

    The current OS (Tiger) is incredible as is though. If your coming from Windows... Tiger will "Wow" you mow, just as much as Leopard would 4 months from now.

  4. #4

    Ninjab3ar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    338
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
    You'd save yourself $200... Apple loads the latest OS on every machine they sell.

    The current OS (Tiger) is incredible as is though. If your coming from Windows... Tiger will "Wow" you mow, just as much as Leopard would 4 months from now.
    Yeah. Unless you're planning on purchasing an iMac, I recommend that you buy your mac now and save up $200 in the coming four months. Trust me, you'll love your Mac!

  5. #5


    Member Since
    May 30, 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    34
    Specs:
    17" Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 2gb Ram
    thanks for the responses.

    I can't wait to get my MBP, i look at the apple site everyday in anticipation
    ha ha

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Jun 24, 2007
    Posts
    146
    thanks for the responses.

    I can't wait to get my MBP, i look at the apple site everyday in anticipation
    ha ha
    i dont just look at the apple site i spend hours watching the same macbook videos on youtube daily.

    and waiting in frustration!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Same price which one?
    By hislip33 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 02:47 PM
  2. Price?
    By kribensis12 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 06:36 PM
  3. Price Regards
    By Zizuno in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •