New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Got My Macbook Today...One Problem Though.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zearoth

Zearoth is on a distinguished road

I got my Macbook today at the store today. opened it up, everything's working great. Just need to get used to this keyboard.

Anyways, as I was browsing on Safari I noticed that there were previsisted websites in the history. Now normally I wouldn't mind if these were like eBay or Amazon, etc, but most of these sites were pretty random. I'm worried that the system I got could have been used by someone else..? I bought it new. Anyone experience the same thing?
QUOTE Thanks
Title27GT

Title27GT can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zearoth View Post
I got my Macbook today at the store today. opened it up, everything's working great. Just need to get used to this keyboard.

Anyways, as I was browsing on Safari I noticed that there were previsisted websites in the history. Now normally I wouldn't mind if these were like eBay or Amazon, etc, but most of these sites were pretty random. I'm worried that the system I got could have been used by someone else..? I bought it new. Anyone experience the same thing?
That's really weird.
QUOTE Thanks
Zearoth

They seem to be mostly RSS feed websites from newspapers. As well as some other sites such as howstuffworks, macaddict. Nothing too random, but still, it worries me to see this in the history. Is there a way to look further into the history than one day?
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

are you sure you bought it new? did you pay less than what apple is asking on the web site?

QUOTE Thanks
Zearoth

Yes. I bought it for 1349$ Canadian with the student discount.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice

that is odd, maybe it was QA'd at the factory and they forgot to reload it?

QUOTE Thanks
Zearoth

QA'd? I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow. I don't like the idea of buying a system that might have been taken in, tampered with and shipped out again.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

Quality Assurance testing

QUOTE Thanks
Mizuko

Mizuko is on a distinguished road

thats common. With safari they have preloaded websites that auto complete for you. Its on my computer as well. When I downloaded firefox, there were no websites there
QUOTE Thanks
Zearoth

That makes sense. I just found it very awkward that when I was typing in addresses in Safari for the first time and the address bar bring up the Warner Bros. website, haha. Thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
-Jack

-Jack can only hope to improve

lol i've never experienced that. Must of been scary when you bought your macbook and you wer so pleased then you thought it was second hand.

Oh well good luck with your MB and may it bring many joyful days (what possessed me to say that i will never know)

MAcs rule <33

read my signature hehe
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zearoth View Post

ring apple support. quote your serial number (top left of screen apple logo and click about this mac)

ask them if its a refurbished model as it could have been put out on the shelf by accident.
QUOTE Thanks
melow71

melow71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...

true, that may have happened, although it is unlikely... nonetheless those ip addresses should not be there, some should but warnerbrothers.com should not be, and even if it is a refurbished model, the addresses should have been deleted...

-check with apple

-Griffey Jr ...the sweetest swing there ever was.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Panther or Tiger | I did not know TextEdit could do that! (Or, 'Take THAT Wordpad.exe!') »