New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

What computer should I get?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

texaslonghorn34

I currently own an 700 MHz iBook G3. I really want to get a new computer because this one is getting a bit outdated for me. I really want an apple because of iLife and other apps. Also, I've always owned an apple and feel most comfortable on one but I really like to play videogames and the 16 MB video card in my iBook just isn't enough for today's games. I definately want a laptop because I travel. I am not an extreme gamer though but I think I will need a 64 MB video card so that it will last me a while. I am a student and don't have enough money to throw down on a new PowerBook. Does anybody know when newer iBooks will come out with better video cards? I can wait a bit longer but wanted to get one before the beginning of next year. When I bought this one apple came out with new iBooks the very next month. I don't only use my computer for games though. I use it for pictures, and watching movies. I have made a couple movies on it but will probably make more when I get a digital video camera and an underwater digital camera for surf trips. Why do apple's video cards on their laptops have less memory than Windows based computers? Sorry for the long post but I was just wondering if someone could offer some advise. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

iBooks were recently updated so unless something is announced at WWDC at the end of June I wouldn't expect any new release until Sept-Novemeber somewhere in that range.

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

How about one of those super fast babies?

a custom job?

or a cute Apple Mac, looks great on any desktop.

something with a little more kick?

Check put the packaging... you didn't ever get a PC packed like this.... like EVER!!!

QUOTE Thanks
nicholas

Wow, that brings back memories of my days in elementary school. Rocky's Boots was the game I loved.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

how about this:

or this even:

something expandable?

QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.9.5.

hype.it: Those pictures are soooo funny.

It reminds me of my first Mac experience in 8th grade with OS 7 or 8. My parents made me take the class to improve my typing speed. As I recall, the computer was very cooperative.

We used Mavis Beacon teaches typing, and I think I improved a point or two (from 8 words per minute to 10 words per minute)

But seriously, get a Power Book or a Power Mac. I have a Power Mac G4, and I love it dearly, even if it is in storage at the moment. *fake sniffle*

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

This is a bit off-topic, but why isn't the text wrapped in this particular thread? Is anyone else getting that? I'm using Safari now, and the text isn't wrapped in this topic, and it's quite annoying.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Has to do with the size of the photos being displayed above.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

Oh yeah...hehe
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Sorry about the size of those pics.. they are links to someone's else's site
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Those are awesome -- what a collection! :p May I suggest an iBook G4 1.25GHz with 512 meg RAM? (any size display)
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Not much have changed in the world of the PC...

Still Big!

Still Boxy:

OK... PC users would like you believe that Windows doesn't crash... at least in a principle:

Still Crashes:

Do you trust your ATM machine?

Shopping will never be the same again - Macy

Missed your flight? London Heathrow

Holy crap! Crashed in NYC!!!! Again!

Enough Said.... So which Personal Computer you gonna get?
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Hmm.. and when people say you should secure your Mac.. they don't mean this:

QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

Not to rile anyone's feathers but Macs were just as crash prone and unreliable before OS X came out.

You can now thank Unix for our system stability.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

I don't know about that... macs where always pretty stable...nothing comparable today..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Should i switch | power book switch over questions »