Going To Be Switching
    Hi you may already know me on this forum, i still haven't got my MB haven't ordered it yet but i will be in a couple of weeks or more i will be switching from about 7 years of using windows *shock horror* i know windows is poo only if i knew this 7 years ago. Well anyway all the info you can give me would be good

im scared it will be really confusing and hard to work a mac as it will be a totally different OS from windows :S

Ty XD

Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    Hi Jack, I am sure you are impatient for your MB to arrive! In the meantime, to get prep'd, you may wish to check out:

http://www.opensourcemac.org/

which is a great, concise listing of some of the best freeware/shareware out there for your new Mac. I would also unashamedly recommend my Linux to Mac Switchers Guide. I know that you are not switching from Linux, but the sections in the guide on "must have software" and "the care and feeding of your new Mac" apply to all switchers. You can find the guide at:

http://www.campbell-tx.net/MacOSX/Li...linux2mac.html

Finally, I guess a healthy dose of patience is in order!! Hang in there.
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

i need a bigger dose i cant stop thinking about macs every second of every day

i feel like one of those OCD people MACBOOK!!!

i have tourex but instead of swearnig i say macbook

oh and ty i will check them links out

Quote Originally Posted by -Jack View Post
    Hi you may already know me on this forum, i still haven't got my MB haven't ordered it yet but i will be in a couple of weeks or more i will be switching from about 7 years of using windows *shock horror* i know windows is poo only if i knew this 7 years ago. Well anyway all the info you can give me would be good

im scared it will be really confusing and hard to work a mac as it will be a totally different OS from windows :S

Ty XD
    You need to think before you post, please.
    You've already made one of these threads. You got about 3 pages of response. You need to take a deap breath, revisit that thread, see what people said, and write it down on a notepad. Continuing to make unclear and pointless threads about how you think windows is poo is not helping yourself but it is clogging up the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by -Jack View Post
    i need a bigger dose i cant stop thinking about macs every second of every day

i feel like one of those OCD people MACBOOK!!!

i have tourex but instead of swearnig i say macbook

oh and ty i will check them links out
    This is what I'm talking about. Many of your threads/posts are generic and generally the same. Your contributions are past the point of productiveness and entering the realm of SPAM. Like I said, chill.

since your not a moderate on this forum i suggest you keep your opinions to yourself

Thread Information