Thread: Hard Drive/Boot Camp Questions
07-01-2007, 08:33 AM #1
Hard Drive/Boot Camp Questions
- Member Since
- Jun 28, 2007
Need a new laptop. Unsure whether to go for a Dell PC or a Mac. If I got a mac, i would use boot camp to put XP on it (for games, and a couple windows only programs).
I presume boot camp lets you choose your partitions for the hard drive, however a couple questions about this:
1) Can the windows partition access the mac partition?
2) Can the mac partition access the windows partition?
3) Could I have a 3rd partition with just music, videos etc. on that both OS's could access?
The reason I want to know, is that I use my computer to listen to music etc. and don't want to have to save the mass of songs on both parts.
07-01-2007, 03:17 PM #2
- Member Since
- Dec 08, 2004
- Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2
1. No, not without 3rd party software I think its called Mac Drive.
3. Yes, format it as MS-DOS or FAT 32
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Islamabad in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-2011, 08:58 PM
By jimihat in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 3Last Post: 05-19-2011, 05:58 PM
By Josh-H in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2008, 11:04 AM
By DrQuincy in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2007, 03:32 AM
By DrQuincy in forum Schweb's LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2007, 03:32 AM