New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Expose help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AbramoSox51

AbramoSox51 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Soon to be a MBP 15 inch, 2.2 ghz, 2 gb ram, dishwasher

Just got my new MBP today. Very happy with it except i cant figure out expose.

1. First of all I cannot figure out how to get that thing over the E while typing EXPOSE!!! This is not a mac issue its just ive never needed to use that until this moment.

2.In the expose prefrences all the shortcuts are there but when i try to hit f9 f10 ect.. it just changes the keyboard light level or turns it off ect. While this is great thats not what i want to use those buttons for. Am i supose to press the option button or something?? I am just confused. The only thing that works is f12 for dashboard. If someone could just point me in the right direction that would be great.
QUOTE Thanks
flowrider

flowrider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)

for Expose on the MBP you need to use the "fn" (function key) because those buttons are assigned to the keyboard lights. You can change that setting in the Keyboard and Mouse setting in the Preference menu.
QUOTE Thanks
AbramoSox51

thanks got it now
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbramoSox51 View Post
Just got my new MBP today. Very happy with it except i cant figure out expose.

1. First of all I cannot figure out how to get that thing over the E while typing EXPOSE!!! This is not a mac issue its just ive never needed to use that until this moment.
Option-e then type an e and you will get Exposé. Trés cool, no?
Try option-any letter and explore what interesting characters you end up with. [Someone will probably correct my crappy French.]

Quote:
2.In the expose prefrences all the shortcuts are there but when i try to hit f9 f10 ect.. it just changes the keyboard light level or turns it off ect. While this is great thats not what i want to use those buttons for. Am i supose to press the option button or something?? I am just confused. The only thing that works is f12 for dashboard. If someone could just point me in the right direction that would be great.
Funny, the Macbook doesn't have the extra keyboard illumination features, so my function keys work without the fn key. Didn't even think of it kind of getting in the way of the Exposé keys. But then, I use 'hot-corners' for my two favorite Exposé functions, and my Mighty Mouse 'squeeze button' for my most used Exposé function (All Windows.)

Exposé Exposé Exposé!
QUOTE Thanks
AbramoSox51

I will do that with the hot corners to lazy to hit a fn button all the time. thanks for the help! EXPOSÉ. There i got it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Thinking of Switching | New Mac User - questions »