New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Justify this!

Thread Closed

WindowsMaster

WindowsMaster is an unknown at this point

Ok Mac users I have a challenge for you.
I recently saw a brand new spanking iMac 1.8 Ghz Core Duo with 1 Gb RAM and 128 Mb Nvidia graphics. How basic.
Next I saw a new Wintel tower with a 2.0 Ghz Core Duo, 2 Gb RAM and 256 Mb Asus graphics (This included an LCD monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers).
Here are the prices respectively; iMac: $1445
Wintel: $996

How could you possibly justify spending such an insane amount of money like on a computer when there is another with better specifications for about $500less. Now I don't want to see any "Well we can run OSX and Windows on our computers and therefore we don't get all the viruses". Uhhh....if you are running windows it doesn't matter what computer you are using it on as it is the operating system which gets viruses, not the computer itself. I also don't want to get any "our computers look better" because Wintel computers can have their cases modded in any way the user pleases; can't do that on a Mac can we? Plus the way a computer looks is irrelevant. So come on then Mac users, justify this exorbitant waste of money....if you can.
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Yawwwwnnnnn.
WindowsMaster

Typical Mac user. When faced with the hard truths you bury your head in the sand. How about someone who actually wants to justify their platform?
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I do not care what YOU want to hear. OSX. That is the only reason to purchase a Mac over a PC. If you disagree, why are you here? Go to a PC forum and bash away. They will love you there.

Oh, I am A PC Computer/Network tech. I fix Windows system and networks DAILY. I never have to format or even reinstall XP. Not once.

Yet at the end of the day, I can't wait to get back to OSX. Fanboy? HA. I own 10 very nice PC's. FAR from a fanboy, more of a windows one since I own more Windows systems and copies of XP Pro LEGAL by the way.
WindowsMaster

Why don't you just use Dream Linux which is pretty much exactly the same as OSX including the dock menu. That way you wouldn't have to waste money keeping Steve Jobs in his big leather chair laughing his head off at you.
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowsMaster View Post
Why don't you just use Dream Linux which is pretty much exactly the same as OSX including the dock menu. That way you wouldn't have to waste money keeping Steve Jobs in his big leather chair laughing his head off at you.

Read the rest of my post. I added some stuff and I HATE the UI of every linux I have ever used and trust me I have used them all. I wasted no money trust me.

This will be my last reply. I do not need to justify what I own to anyone.

Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Oh don't even bother with him or her Dennis.

WindowsMaster

Dude, I didn't come here to debate which platform is better I want you to justify you wasting your money.
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

Cool.

Thread Closed

« How do i find my saved MSN convos? | Why is my Mac slowing down? »