Thread: Justify this!

Justify this!
    Ok Mac users I have a challenge for you.
    I recently saw a brand new spanking iMac 1.8 Ghz Core Duo with 1 Gb RAM and 128 Mb Nvidia graphics. How basic.
    Next I saw a new Wintel tower with a 2.0 Ghz Core Duo, 2 Gb RAM and 256 Mb Asus graphics (This included an LCD monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers).
    Here are the prices respectively; iMac: $1445
    Wintel: $996

How could you possibly justify spending such an insane amount of money like on a computer when there is another with better specifications for about $500less. Now I don't want to see any "Well we can run OSX and Windows on our computers and therefore we don't get all the viruses". Uhhh....if you are running windows it doesn't matter what computer you are using it on as it is the operating system which gets viruses, not the computer itself. I also don't want to get any "our computers look better" because Wintel computers can have their cases modded in any way the user pleases; can't do that on a Mac can we? Plus the way a computer looks is irrelevant. So come on then Mac users, justify this exorbitant waste of money....if you can.

Yawwwwnnnnn.

Typical Mac user. When faced with the hard truths you bury your head in the sand. How about someone who actually wants to justify their platform?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    I do not care what YOU want to hear. OSX. That is the only reason to purchase a Mac over a PC. If you disagree, why are you here? Go to a PC forum and bash away. They will love you there.

Oh, I am A PC Computer/Network tech. I fix Windows system and networks DAILY. I never have to format or even reinstall XP. Not once.

Yet at the end of the day, I can't wait to get back to OSX. Fanboy? HA. I own 10 very nice PC's. FAR from a fanboy, more of a windows one since I own more Windows systems and copies of XP Pro LEGAL by the way.

Why don't you just use Dream Linux which is pretty much exactly the same as OSX including the dock menu. That way you wouldn't have to waste money keeping Steve Jobs in his big leather chair laughing his head off at you.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by WindowsMaster View Post
    Why don't you just use Dream Linux which is pretty much exactly the same as OSX including the dock menu. That way you wouldn't have to waste money keeping Steve Jobs in his big leather chair laughing his head off at you.

Read the rest of my post. I added some stuff and I HATE the UI of every linux I have ever used and trust me I have used them all. I wasted no money trust me.

This will be my last reply. I do not need to justify what I own to anyone.

Specs:
    Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
    Oh don't even bother with him or her Dennis.

Dude, I didn't come here to debate which platform is better I want you to justify you wasting your money.

Specs:
    Pwnt
    Cool.

Thread Information