New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

a quick question about imac 20" intel


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
shmendall

 
shmendall's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 04, 2007
Location: Lancaster, England
Posts: 145
shmendall is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC 20"!! WOOH YEAH!! 2gb ram - 250gb hd 2.16ghz core 2 duo

shmendall is offline
anyone got one?
I'm thinking about not getting a 24" and getting a 20" on friday,
Im just trying to clear any doubts!
Is the screen of the 20" as bright as the 24" becasue I really like the brightness,
and Is it slower that the 24"?
-If so, it doesnt matter, I have already got 2x1gb sticks waiting for it!

thanks alot in advance!

-cannot wait for my switch!

Diana F+
HOLGA 135
Actionsampler
QUOTE Thanks
Title27GT

 
Member Since: Jun 15, 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 270
Title27GT can only hope to improve

Title27GT is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmendall View Post
anyone got one?
I'm thinking about not getting a 24" and getting a 20" on friday,
Im just trying to clear any doubts!
Is the screen of the 20" as bright as the 24" becasue I really like the brightness,
and Is it slower that the 24"?
-If so, it doesnt matter, I have already got 2x1gb sticks waiting for it!

thanks alot in advance!

-cannot wait for my switch!

The brightness is the same.
The performance is the same.

The only difference is the screen size and graphics card which you won't be able to tell the difference between unless you do some pretty heavy gaming.

In other words, you're essentially paying 500 dollars more to add 4 inches to what is already a massive 20' screen.
QUOTE Thanks
shmendall

 
shmendall's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 04, 2007
Location: Lancaster, England
Posts: 145
shmendall is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC 20"!! WOOH YEAH!! 2gb ram - 250gb hd 2.16ghz core 2 duo

shmendall is offline
thanks for the reassurance!

just what I though, not really worth 4 inches is it?

I was wrong to doubt the 20", but its hard when the store puts them right next to each other! a sneaky way of making money!

and for what ill do on it, i doubt the 4" will make a difference,

This may seem obvious but i'll ask anyways,
My PC with 512mbs RAM opens my 6mega pixel pictures really slowly (there usually about 1.5 mb size, will my 2gb RAM iMac open them quicker?

thanks again!

Diana F+
HOLGA 135
Actionsampler
QUOTE Thanks
Title27GT

 
Member Since: Jun 15, 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 270
Title27GT can only hope to improve

Title27GT is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmendall View Post
thanks for the reassurance!

just what I though, not really worth 4 inches is it?

I was wrong to doubt the 20", but its hard when the store puts them right next to each other! a sneaky way of making money!

and for what ill do on it, i doubt the 4" will make a difference,

This may seem obvious but i'll ask anyways,
My PC with 512mbs RAM opens my 6mega pixel pictures really slowly (there usually about 1.5 mb size, will my 2gb RAM iMac open them quicker?

thanks again!
Yes, my 20" with iMovie opens my 10.1 mega pixel pictures in about 20 per second.

Every time I walk into my room I'm absolutely astounded at how big my 20" is. Even the 17" is nothing to turn your nose at.
QUOTE Thanks
shmendall

 
shmendall's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 04, 2007
Location: Lancaster, England
Posts: 145
shmendall is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC 20"!! WOOH YEAH!! 2gb ram - 250gb hd 2.16ghz core 2 duo

shmendall is offline
There will be no nose turning involved, beleive me!
my current PC has a 14" screen, I thought that was big!

Diana F+
HOLGA 135
Actionsampler
QUOTE Thanks
Title27GT

 
Member Since: Jun 15, 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 270
Title27GT can only hope to improve

Title27GT is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmendall View Post
There will be no nose turning involved, beleive me!
my current PC has a 14" screen, I thought that was big!
Yea, I probably would too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« How Long are the iMac Cables? | mac to pc via firewire? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
My Intel 20" iMac just crashed - curious as to WHY?! unlokia Apple Desktops 3 02-08-2007 12:04 PM
iMac G5 pre-Intel Video question TDonaghe Switcher Hangout 3 02-01-2007 10:29 AM
Is it possible to replace the RAM and Graphics Chip in a 20" Intel iMac? omnicorp Apple Desktops 10 12-30-2006 12:27 PM
1GB memory for Intel 20" imac Canadianapex Apple Desktops 5 08-10-2006 03:16 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?