New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Burning Cds Dvds Mp3s!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

elbolao23

elbolao23 is on a distinguished road

I dont have a mac yet but im planning on getting one. i know to burn dvds on a mac u use iDvd, and for regular music you can use iTunes or just dragging in into a blank cd that appears on the screen when u insert one, but how would i be able to burn an MP3 cd, since my car cd players supports it and its way essaier and less of a hassle, any software u have to download or can you do it straight up with a mac
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

You make a data CD with Finder, which consists of dragging the appropriate files from the disk to the blank CD that shows up on your desktop after you insert it into the drive. Then right click the CD icon and select "Burn Disc".

Wait about ten to fifteen minutes, then eject the CD. Label it with a sharpie, take it out to your car and play.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

The easiest method is to simply buy Toast.

QUOTE Thanks
elbolao23

yeah but i think i;ll stick with the free way of doing it better, thanx, i'll have to try it when i get my macbook
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbolao23 View Post
yeah but i think i;ll stick with the free way of doing it better, thanx, i'll have to try it when i get my macbook
I would disagree that the free way is "better", but ok.

QUOTE Thanks
visualpurple

visualpurple has a spectacular aura about

you can also burn MP3 CDs in iTunes, just by changing the type of disk in the preferences (you can change it from audio to MP3 to data)
QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

Or you can use an app called burn. Its freeware and can burn mp3 CD's.
QUOTE Thanks
Title27GT

Title27GT can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
I would disagree that the free way is "better", but ok.
Maybe he doesn't have a credit card.
QUOTE Thanks
elbolao23

maybe for what im gon use it, "listenin the car" i dont need to spend money to get something i could get for free. dont you think,.but thanks for ur advice anyways.
QUOTE Thanks
bmcgonag

bmcgonag will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram

I have the same capability, but when I buy music from itunes it is of course protected aac. What if I want to put these into an mp3 cd to play on my car stereo?
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice

The usual answer to that question is to burn the protected AAC to an audio CD and re-rip to mp3. People will then argue that that degrades the quality, though I haven't noticed that it really does. At least not in the noisy environment of a car.

My answer, however, is to use Audio Hijack Pro or one of those other recording programs like Wiretap and record straight off of iTunes and save it off to whatever format you wish.

I'll probably receive an infraction for that answer, but the fact is if you can hear it, you can record it DRM notwithstanding. Yes, it's a bit of work, but hey, whatever floats the proverbial boat.
QUOTE Thanks
bmcgonag

bmcgonag will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram

I appreciate you giving me a useful answer. I don't mind burning and re-ripping.

EDIT: I don't think you are telling me to do anything illegal anyway. I bought the music. I am just trying to listen to it for my own enjoyment. I'm not trying to share it.

Brian
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgonag View Post

EDIT: I don't think you are telling me to do anything illegal anyway. I bought the music. I am just trying to listen to it for my own enjoyment. I'm not trying to share it.

Brian
No, not at all. This sort of thing falls under the 'fair use' rulings and being able to take what you bought and enjoy it on the musical noise making machine of your choice. Ditching DRM is the first thing I do after making iTunes purchases.

Though someone may claim something something...DMCA or some other horse-puckey like that. Here is an interesting read on how "successful" the recording industry has been recently in trying to dictate how we enjoy our music.
QUOTE Thanks
elbolao23

i download music FREE and what lol, the industry has a lot of money, is not like i sell it .

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blank CDs don't eject | Good First Timer Programs »