Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbusa
    It's a M$ program, that's what's wrong :p
    Whats wrong with IE is that its not optimized for OS X. And the Gecko, as well as IE's engine both suck.

I found Safari to be the best browser out right now, I am not only saying that cause I am a Mac user but simply cause it's true. I have tried many browsers out there and I found Safari to be the fastest with some of the best settings you can customize.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog Dad
    I am switching to Apple soon! I spend 8-9 hours a day as a sys. admin. for an Oracle-XP front end system and I don't want to come home and deal with Gates produced garbage any more. I'm not sure if I'm going to a laptop or a G4 or G5 system but I will have a lot of questions for this forum. My first is what is the recommended internet browser for Apple? Again, IE is out of the question. Maybe it's a personal vendetta against Gates, and I realize I'm not going to affect him in any way except for my own personal gratification.

Miami FL
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    I find Safari is the one I like best, and I'm not trying to be a fan boi, just what I think

12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    One thing you might get out of this discussion is...there are lots of good browsers. If you don't like one, download another and try that out. Between Safari, Camino, Firefox, Mozilla, and (shudder) IE, you're bound to find something. (Even Opera and Netscape are much better than they used to be.)

Safari is the default, so it's as good a place to start as any. If you have issues, try another.

[Edit: Incidentally, I use Safari most often, but keep the latest Mozilla around just in case.]

Thread Information