New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

when is it shipping?!?!?!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jerseyjim

jerseyjim is an unknown at this point

i ordered it the 20th but i allready got my ipod and aiport extreme, now how about the laptop!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I believe at least some notebooks are built-to-order as I've heard the same thing from other new Mac owners. The Airport Extreme is probably well-stocked and the iPod generally ships straight from Shanghai.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
jerseyjim

so soon it should be shipping then?
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

Well it depends if its even been built yet. Computers don't arrive in 2 days. I've never heard of that happening.

Macs are built specially for the person who orders them. Mine took exactly a week to arrive.
QUOTE Thanks
physco827

physco827 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz 2gb DDR2 8600gt w/ 128mb vram

Same here, i ordered my mbp on June 14th. Im not so happy that they changed the dates for shipping. It's "Prepared to Ship".

I just got an e-mail saying:

We appreciate your recent purchase through the online Apple Store.

The following is an update regarding the status of your order
XXXXXXXXXXX.

Due to an unexpected delay, we were unable to ship your product(s) by
the date originally quoted to you. We now anticipate shipping the
following item(s) as follows:

XXXX, MBP 15/2.4 CTO
Ships by Jun 29 - Jul 3
Delivers by Jul 3 - Jul 10

We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

It was originally ships by Jun 19 - Jun 21 and now they changed it on me. So I gotta wait another week to get it....

I also got my ipod already, like you many of us are just waiting for Apple to keep up with demand.

Oh well.
QUOTE Thanks
rescue951

rescue951 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MB 1.83 white

My first one i ordered on a sunday and got it by wed that same week, custom and all. However my second MB ordered on a monday shipped on thursday, and got the following monday, and that was with 2nd day air. still not bad from Shanghai.
QUOTE Thanks
jerseyjim

i just got a email saying it pepared for shipping ohm yeah
QUOTE Thanks
physco827

yea jim probably won't be shipped till monday or later next week though, it sucks.....
QUOTE Thanks
dseig001

dseig001 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15 Inch MBP 2.4 GHz 4GB Ram 160 GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by physco827 View Post
Same here, i ordered my mbp on June 14th. Im not so happy that they changed the dates for shipping. It's "Prepared to Ship".

I just got an e-mail saying:

We appreciate your recent purchase through the online Apple Store.

The following is an update regarding the status of your order
XXXXXXXXXXX.

Due to an unexpected delay, we were unable to ship your product(s) by
the date originally quoted to you. We now anticipate shipping the
following item(s) as follows:

XXXX, MBP 15/2.4 CTO
Ships by Jun 29 - Jul 3
Delivers by Jul 3 - Jul 10

We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

It was originally ships by Jun 19 - Jun 21 and now they changed it on me. So I gotta wait another week to get it....

I also got my ipod already, like you many of us are just waiting for Apple to keep up with demand.

Oh well.
Dude, call Apple!!!! Tell them your frustrated!!! They gave me a Speck Case to apologize for my inconvenience!
QUOTE Thanks
physco827

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseig001 View Post
Dude, call Apple!!!! Tell them your frustrated!!! They gave me a Speck Case to apologize for my inconvenience!
What do i tell them? Just say im ******, the person on the phone will probably say that there isn't anything they can do, plus its the weekend.

Just tell me what to do and ill do it.
QUOTE Thanks
dseig001

dseig001 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15 Inch MBP 2.4 GHz 4GB Ram 160 GB

Well, I just explained my situation:

I am a 21 year old Med Student at UCLA - I'm BROKE! This laptop was a gift from a family friend, and now that I had to send mine back, only to have it delayed two weeks (even though they shipped it today). Due to this, I am now forced to rent a laptop to complete my schoolwork (which is not exactly true, I am now borrowing my poor brother's machine). Renting a Laptop is 20 bucks a day (which is really expensive). I asked if they could either get me my computer faster, or help offset the cost of this renting.

They offered me an iPod Shuffle, but I got a free Nano when I ordered the laptop. So they let me pick from a selection of stuff from the store (all like 50-60 bucks), and I picked a Speck See-Thru case.

I got it in yesterday, several days before my laptop even comes in

EDIT: What I would do in your case is simply explain that you are frustrated and NEED your laptop, then ask if they can do anything to help. Be nice to them and they will give you stuff. I was and they did
QUOTE Thanks
physco827

WOW NVM GG APPLE.

It shipped on the morning of 22nd, but didn't update my order status till now. It just got into indianapolis from anchorage and should be here monday, apple is still god.

Steve Jobs is my hero, now i have to count down the hours till it gets here.

58 hours and counting...
QUOTE Thanks
jerseyjim

Mines in transist from Shanghi. ugh
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

It shouldn't be long. It only took my last iPod about 2 days to go from Shanghai to Alaska, to my doorstep, believe it or not.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
jerseyjim

yep and i dont live too far from pa
so good
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« screen cleaners | Thinking of Switching »