New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Shipping?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheInvsbleMan

TheInvsbleMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB

Well I WAS going to buy my MBP today but it turns out that they don't have the 7200RPM drive for the 15" model in the store. So I just ordered it online, Apple says it will take 4-6 weeks to ship... is this true? or does it really ship faster? if it takes that long that is absurdly ridiculous
QUOTE Thanks
TheInvsbleMan

sorry for double posting but I kinda need an answer fast here... also another question... If I do decide to cancel my order and just pick up a MBP with the 5400RPM drive from my store and get it today, is it able to be upgraded by Apple at the store later on? I know not by myself as it voids the warranty. If it can be done by Apple how much would this cost?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Don't forget, when you order on line, it's "Build to order", so it does take a bit longer, especially if you have deviated from the base configuration. The hardware is pulled off the main line and then configured to your specs, so there is a time delay. That being said, my Quad said 4 to 6 weeks and showed up in 3.

QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post
sorry for double posting but I kinda need an answer fast here... also another question... If I do decide to cancel my order and just pick up a MBP with the 5400RPM drive from my store and get it today, is it able to be upgraded by Apple at the store later on? I know not by myself as it voids the warranty. If it can be done by Apple how much would this cost?
Upgrading your HD on a Mac laptop does NOT void your warranty... it is a VERY simple process.
QUOTE Thanks
TheInvsbleMan

not on the Macbook it doesn't but the Macbook Pro it does. I already canceled my order, I'll just get my MBP in the store today and settle for the 5400RPM drive
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute

I stand corrected... only the macbook HD's can be user replaced without voiding the warranty.

Quote:
I already canceled my order, I'll just get my MBP in the store today and settle for the 5400RPM drive
Good choice IMO.
QUOTE Thanks
TheInvsbleMan

yea but wow it was complicated... I used my student discount and got the free Nano and the free printer. Well the printer and Nano are already prepared to ship and they can't be canceled. So after an hour on the phone here is the verdict.

The MBP is no longer on the invoice so the rebates are no longer in effect but they still have to ship the printer and the Nano and therefore I will be charged

BUT.... After an hour on the phone we came to an agreement that I am happy with.
The printer is being sent for free (no waiting for a rebate)
The Nano is still being charged to my credit card. But they are sending me a return label so I can ship it back for free.

Also I can pick up the iPod in the store tonight when I pick up my MBP and then it will qualify for the rebate yay!

So it was all a little confusing, but enough time spent with Apple on the phone I guess you can get what you want....

Now its just a matter of waiting until my dad gets home so we can drive up to the Apple store and pick up my MBP!!! I figure 7200RPM is not worth a 6 week wait. haha
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Quote:
I figure 7200RPM is not worth a 6 week wait
I agree. I'm excited for you... I've been thinking about getting a MacBook or MBP quite a bit lately.
QUOTE Thanks
TheInvsbleMan

Yea I'll let you know how I like it but I think its going to be great! And also in regards to the HDD speed i just realized that my external 500GB is 7200RPM so I can just keep my music and stuff on there... Looks like everything works out
QUOTE Thanks
Title27GT

Title27GT can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
I agree. I'm excited for you... I've been thinking about getting a MacBook or MBP quite a bit lately.
I just don't understand people like you. It's clear none of you know how to conserve money. You have a perfectly good 20-inch iMac yet you want a laptop? That's ludacris! You don't see something thats cool and buy it! SHEESH!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Title27GT View Post
I just don't understand people like you. It's clear none of you know how to conserve money. You have a perfectly good 20-inch iMac yet you want a laptop? That's ludacris! You don't see something thats cool and buy it! SHEESH!
Maybe he has a legitimate use for a laptop? Not everyone sits at home all the time, many of us use our laptops on business travel as well.

Then again, it is his money.....

QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Title27GT View Post
SHEESH????

I travel quite a bit, for example I travel to Denver at least 6 times per year so my kids can see their grandparents often... I take 3 weeks of vacation per year, and I spend a solid 10 consecutive days in Las Vegas for business every year...

I "conserve" quite a bit of money... We're talking $2k to $3k MAX... not exactly enough to retire on.. Thank you for being concerned with my financial well being.

Quote:
You don't see something thats cool and buy it!
How do you know what I do??? and yes... I do.

Quote:
That's ludacris!
And what exactly does this rapper have to do with anything?????????

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« alt-tab in games | What is the battery life on the new LED Screens? »