Thread: Pricing

Pricing
    Do you think there's a chance that the price of the iMacs could rise when they are redesigned?

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    Apple generally only bumps the price up if they add a completely new model, and even then it is rare. If anything, they will drop the price of the current models, or maintain the current pricing, if a new top end model is introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    Apple generally only bumps the price up if they add a completely new model, and even then it is rare. If anything, they will drop the price of the current models, or maintain the current pricing, if a new top end model is introduced.
    Interesting. Well, you would know more than I would.
    Also, do you think that it would include an EXTERNAL TOWER RATHER THAN A BUILT-IN HARD DRIVE!? *gasp*

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    Considering the fact that the iMac has always been an all in one design, I would doubt that.

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Title27GT View Post
    Interesting. Well, you would know more than I would.
    Also, do you think that it would include an EXTERNAL TOWER RATHER THAN A BUILT-IN HARD DRIVE!? *gasp*
    I think one of the draws to the imac is that is it essentially an all in one computing solution. Basically it's simple setup. Plug keyboard in, plug mouse in, plug computer in....GO!

versus...plug keyboard in, plug mouse in, plug monitor power in, plug montiro to cpu, plug cpu power in, plug speakers in, plug mic in, plug camera in...and on and on.

If, and when they do release a new iMac, if you can wait about 3 months before purchasing, and you want to save a couple hundred to several hundred dollars watch the apple refurb site. Same machine, same warranty options, less money.

Best,

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    Considering the fact that the iMac has always been an all in one design, I would doubt that.
    Good.
    Man, I really hope the new iMac doesn't come alongside Leopard. I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!! I hope the mid-July prediction holds up.

Specs:
    20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
    Quote Originally Posted by Title27GT View Post
    Good.
    Man, I really hope the new iMac doesn't come alongside Leopard. I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!! I hope the mid-July prediction holds up.
    the mid-June prediction didn't. Or the May one, or the April one, or the March one...

There are predictions about when the iMac will be redesigned every month, but they're hardly ever true. I bought mine in April knowing full well that it would be redesigned soon, and I haven't, and won't regret it. There's nothing wrong with the current machines.

Thread Information