New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Glossy or matte

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vxd

vxd can only hope to improve

What would be best for me, I'm going to use MBP for design.

yeah i know ther are tones of post regarding the display.

Ordering it tonight!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Search is your friend:

MacBook Pro - Glossy vs. Matte

Glossy or Matte : New Macbook Pro ?

MacBook Pro - glossy vs matte screen

MacBook Pro - Glossy or Not

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
vxd

Haha, I'm just too lazy to read the other posts. Guess i have to do it now

thanks Kash
QUOTE Thanks
vxd

ok I have a another question, Im having trouble deciding between the 15" and 17", Bigger screen means bigger space. and that is always good for using designs programs. its only an extra $400. is it worth it

Anyone else got an opinion on this. thats Uses their MBP for Design?
QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

MaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

Buy the most computer you can afford.....same for PC or MAC.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
MaDDoG's Photo Gallery - http://mcarfa.smugmug.com/
QUOTE Thanks
Justin_P

Justin_P is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb

Depends if you want LED screen or not. I'm getting just under 5 hours charge on mine (15") on full brightness and playing music most of that time.
QUOTE Thanks
TheInvsbleMan

TheInvsbleMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB

I had my heart set on the 17" for a LONG time and up until yesterday thats what I thought i was going to buy. Until I talked to a few people that have MBPs. I was told that the 17" is just way too big, it loses a lot of portability, my friend said that if you are thinking about taking it on a plane... the 17" will not fit on the seat back, also that when using it on your lap its just hard because it is so large. Also not as many companies make cases and sleeves for the 17", of course you can find them but its not as easy, and you don't get as much selection.

Also on a technical side... remember the 15" screens are LED backlit therefore increasing battery life and they are more environmentally friendly.

On the other hand, the 17" are not LED backlit but they have an option to get an HD screen.

Really I would say go to your local Apple store and look at them both and see what you prefer.

I know that after talking to my friends I will be getting the 15" not the 17" as I had originally planned.
QUOTE Thanks
cramar

cramar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxd View Post
ok I have a another question, Im having trouble deciding between the 15" and 17", Bigger screen means bigger space. and that is always good for using designs programs. its only an extra $400. is it worth it

Anyone else got an opinion on this. thats Uses their MBP for Design?
Why not consider getting a 15" and spending the $400 difference on a monitor?
QUOTE Thanks
vxd

Getting the 15", thought they both had LED.
and the $400 can go towards my Nintendo wii, haha

going to wait for the Austrailian back to school offer, If there is going to be one, holidays are in 2 weeks so might be then.
QUOTE Thanks
Dalarsco

Dalarsco is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.4 GHz Intel dual-core, 256MB video card, 1GB RAM, 60GB black iPod Video

I picked up the matte. I like being able to look at my screen from any angle and lighting and still see it.
QUOTE Thanks
vxd

Yeah just got home from the shops, looked at the matte and 17". 17" is way to big. and dont like the glossy. gonna go for matte
QUOTE Thanks
TheInvsbleMan

good idea... Yea its kinda funny the whole time I have been planning to buy a Mac I have been eyeing the 17" glossy, but I went to the store and changed my mind to get the 15" matte. kinda funny how things work. But I figure with the money I save I can put it towards a Cinema display if I really want one. The only other thing I will be missing out on is one USB port haha but thats why they make hubs.
QUOTE Thanks
Willem

Willem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
But I figure with the money I save I can put it towards a Cinema display if I really want one.
You want one, believe me. I got a 30" Cinema display a few weeks back and I'm in love. Absolutely gorgeous monitor and having that much screen real estate almost feels sinful.
QUOTE Thanks
TheInvsbleMan

haha yes, I will most likely buy one after I build up my savings again. I'm heading over to my apple store around 5:00 P.M. today to pick up my MBP. I couldn't even sleep last night haha.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I can't get to Perez Hilton site from Safari | Mac crashing? »