A couple of questions for a new switcher
    Hey guys I purchased a Macbook pro 17" 2.2 Ghz last month and I absolutely love it.

I have a couple of questions regarding some freeware. First of my crappy toshiba that has all of my music doesn't stay on long enough to copy all of my music to disk. Is there a way that I can deauthorize that computer for my ipod or should I download a program that allows me to bring my songs onto my new mac. What program should I use to do this?

Another question that I have is I used to rip and burn DVDs. What programs are out there that will allow me to do this?

Thanks for your help.

not really sure bout ur first question. . .but for burning DVD's a program called "toast" is the best IMO. . .

Thanks for the recommendation on the burning software. Do you know of any ripping programs?

Specs:
    15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo3131 View Post
    I have a couple of questions regarding some freeware. First of my crappy toshiba that has all of my music doesn't stay on long enough to copy all of my music to disk. Is there a way that I can deauthorize that computer for my ipod or should I download a program that allows me to bring my songs onto my new mac. What program should I use to do this?
    If you're talking about transferring your purchased music to your new computer, iTunes has an option for this on the new Mac. Keep in mind that you need all your music to be on your iPod already.

If this doesn't work, you can use something called iPod Disk, available from opensourcemac.org.[/QUOTE]
    MacBook Air Unibody Core i5 1.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, iPhone 4S 32 GB White

A friend of mine had told me about opensource, but I just wanted to get some more experienced mac users opinions. Thanks

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I used Red Chair Software's Anapod CopyGear (shareware) to simply transfer my iPod's music over to my Mac. It allows you to read the file system of the iPod just as you would any other disk and copy it wherever you want. It does a great job.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I used Red Chair Software's Anapod CopyGear (shareware) to simply transfer my iPod's music over to my Mac. It allows you to read the file system of the iPod just as you would any other disk and copy it wherever you want. It does a great job.
    so would this help me if i needed to copy my music from my iPod to my new mac? would i be able to put it into iTunes?

Specs:
    15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    iPod Disk from opensourcemac does just this, but it also preserves the meta data (play counts) and playlists from his old computer...something that was very important to me when I switched. I didn't want my meticulously organized music library being stripped back down to just the ID3 tags.
    MacBook Air Unibody Core i5 1.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, iPhone 4S 32 GB White

Thread Information