Thread: Safari on XP

Safari on XP
    Am currently running Safari on my XP machine, after watching Steve's Keynote presentation. Hey am I getting excited about switching.
    But Safari needs a few intial tweaks certainly for Windows before I'll be totally convinced it's great, it is certainly good but at the moment Firefox would still be my fav.
    It maybe that the things I like will be add on's at a later stage. But I'm gonna use it so I'm used to it for my switch he he he.
    Anyone else particularly new switchers out there trying Safari yet?

Specs:
    17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
    One of my windows buddies downloaded it to his comp. It works pretty good but like you said there are a few more bugs they need to work out of it. It is in the beta version still. Version 2 works great here on my mac tho. I prefer it over firefox.

It's the beta version so that's why I'm not having a go at it, it's not bad but I agree it'll need to refine a little especially if Steve wants 20% of the Browser market.

I wonder if they (Apple that is) want any feedback?

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    I downloaded Safari 3 on my Mac, and I don't really see much of a difference from Safari 2.

Of course I can't comment on that but this is the first time I've used Safari at all, so it's all new to me, they have an issue with Yahoo webmail as it's not supported at the moment. Well not the new Yahoo mail at any rate. Not with the XP version of course..

They probably just relased a version for us so we wouldn't say "Hey, why do the PC user's get something at WWDC and we dont?!"

I'm looking to maybe switch and am playing with Safari on Windows. It's ok, but there are some annoyances that I don't care for so far. It is a beta though.

Resizing is one problem, I also don't like the colour the tabs seem to blend into the rest of the heading, but as you say annoyances fixable, but still need a bit of catchup with firefox. Doesn't that much quicker either at the moment.

Specs:
    Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
    I tryed Beta 3 and it seemed to disable transparency in Adium (annoying) so i removed it.

It's my fault though, it's beta lol i usually avoid BETA software....but i couldn't resist

I'll stick with Camino thanks! (I used to be a massive Firefox fan, but Camino FTW now )

Specs:
    14" iBook G4 / 1,42Ghz / 1GB / 100Gb / Superdrive / 10.4.11
    I tried it on XP and I thought it was actually pretty sweet - I was especially surprised by the speed it loads pages, even if they weren't in the cache.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
    so far i've had the opposite problem with very slow speeds on my Vista machine. Firefox takes a bit to first load, but then it is just fast. Safari takes a while to load and then just sits there trying to do something. i'll wait for the official version to come out b4 reinstalling that again.
    From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!

Thread Information