New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Rotating pics in a Macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tigwldr

Tigwldr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13' 80g Macbook 2.0 2g Ipod Nano

I am thinking of switching over to a Mac. I just need a little info about the photo rotating. I take 4-500 pics at a time many that have to be rotated to view. Right now if I high light 200 pics and hot rotate in my PC it takes up to an hour for them all to rotate. It could take up to 45 second to do one pic. Would I have any improvement in that rotating time in a macbook? Time is valuable to me so i am looking to make this time shorter.
QUOTE Thanks
London Luke

London Luke can only hope to improve

it takes me 3 seconds to bend my head to the side...Saves time !!!!!!

sorry! Just why does it take so long to rotate a Pic??
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Well I'm not quite sure how long it would take, but Aperture, Automator, iPhoto or Batch Image Resize can take care of multiple image rotations.

If you're taking that many snaps, you're most likely interested in a batch photography workflow software. On a Mac you get a choice of either Apple's Aperture or Adobe's Photoshop Lightroom. I'd recommend you check them both out.

Edit: I just losslessly rotated 100 images in iPhoto and it took no time (literally less than a second). That's because most image apps can simply adjust the exif rotation information that tells the image viewer how to display the image. I'm not sure how long a "real" rotation would take though...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New user to older Mac. First non-PC | About To Purchase 20-Inch iMac, BUT... »