New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

ebay and Powerbook....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Joeytpg

Guys i've been thinking real hard and i'd really want a 15" p.b. the 12 would be ok but i really fell in love with the wide 15" and since i don't hace enough money to buy a 15" 1.33 even the Cheaper one, i've been thinking that maybe getting a old (well not SO old, the previous P.B. 15" 1.25 aluminium model) i can get it for maybe 1,700 bucks right?....

is this worth it??

and who in here thinks its save to buy from eBay?? any good/bad experiences?...share it with me please.....and some advices too!

Thanks guys!
QUOTE Thanks
nicholas

In my opinion, it's not worth it to buy from ebay for the potential savings. I'd suggest you pay a little more for a source that is 100% guaranteed.
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

ok then....do you know another place where i culd buy an older P.B. model?? i want the 1.25 15" model (it's cheaper than the 1.33 and it's basically the SAME machine)
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Try an Apple supplier that has refurbished Powerbooks. Good deals on those, and try to find with Panther 10.3.3 install CDs and warrantee
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL.../1.0.7.1.0.5.3

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
wickedbusa

Be very careful with ebay. I was scammed $1326 for a 17 inch Powerbook.
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbusa

what happened to you??
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41

what does TFT means....for example it says

PowerBook G4 15" TFT :

These products are new and unopened units.
PowerBook G4 1GHz/256MB/60GB/Combo/GigE/15"TFT-Aluminum Add $1,799.00
PowerBook G4 1.25GHz/512MB/80GB/SuperDrive/AP Extreme Card/GigE/15"TFT-Aluminum Add $2,299.00
APP for PowerBook (w/ or w/o display) - Enrollment Kit Add $349.00

what TFT means?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

thats just the type of screen they all are

QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

ohh cool...i thought it meant "Titanium"...iu don't know why! hehehe

can you give me the specs the previous P.B. 15" models had?... now i know they are 1.33 and 1.5 ghz (for the 15") and the privious?? because i see a 1ghz 15" model......is that the one that NOW is the CHEAPER ONE (1.33 ghz?)
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

Well they had 1ghz Titanium and 1ghz Aluminum

The Aluminum is the exact same specs as the 1.25ghz 15 in
The Titanium has slower system bus, only uses standard Airport, ATA66 instead of 100, Firewire 400 only etc

QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Quote:
Please tell us what happened! I just knew there was a bit of too much fish in that bit! I have said so and now I'd like some backing for what I've been on about!
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

That reminds me... Sorry to bring it up now but whats better, TFT or LCD???????????????????? :confused:
QUOTE Thanks
MAC-simus

MAC-simus has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2GHz C2D macbook

Quote:
me too :mad: mine also was powerbook 17"
I hate ebay, everybody can cheat there :mad:
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
That reminds me... Sorry to bring it up now but whats better, TFT or LCD???????????????????? :confused:

a tft display is an lcd display...

Big fat monitors are crts, and the small thin ones are lcd's. Tft describes the exact specs of the lcd. There are different kinds of lcs, but all laptop displays are tft (correct me if i'm wrong, but at least all current apple ones are right?)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help with voice over internet... | Bookmark Management »