New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

2 weeks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The_monolith

The_monolith is on a distinguished road

So yep i have made the switch, have been using a pc my whole life and never touched a mac before. My new iMac 24 inch 2.16 GHZ, 500gb, 2gb will be here in 2 weeks. My grandmother thought it would be a good graduation present from highschool and plus im going to college to be a graphic designer so its all good. Plus i get a 30gb ipod for only $50 since im a collge student. Cant wait to use it, quick question though. I make alot of techno music and i wanted to know how well does garage band work with this.

Thanks guys in advance
QUOTE Thanks
JDunham

JDunham is on a distinguished road

I also make alot of alot of techno music. Garageband is perfect for this. TONS of loops from Bass guitar to Middle Eastern instruments. Also the fuction to costomize an instrument's sound.
QUOTE Thanks
Interstellar

Interstellar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD

That is a very beautiful and generous gift.

I also go to school for Graphic Design and have to say, the industry knows,

it's all about the Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Stefan

Stefan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro

That is one seriously nice present! As for Garageband - i tinker around with house and electro myself and i don't really care for Garageband. I prefer using Reason and Ableton. I love messing around with effects and creating my own from scratch something which you can't do on Garageband (as far as my understanding goes).

On the flip side, it's a musical tool so it's how you use it that counts.

"Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Forgot Admin. Pass | mail is trashed »