New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

need help making a decision.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

notoriousvdh

notoriousvdh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP•2GB | iPod

well to make a long story short my house got robbed last night and they got me for over 5,000.00 worth of goods.

they stole ....

42inch plasma (ripped off the wall)
macbook
citezen eco drive watch
all my new era fitted caps ( 16 of them )

other little misc stuff.

what would you guys do ?

1. get another macbook
2. used mbp
3. build the ultimate pc

thanks for the help guys.

--------------------------------------------
www.purevolume.com/brealproductions
QUOTE Thanks
homer_j

homer_j will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.

Call the police would be my first step.

With regards to your options - what do u use your computer for because this will probably determine which is the best option.

I am also sure I have seen on a thread around here a while ago or an article that was linked about some system you could install on your laptop and as soon as you report it stolen, the next time it connects to the internet it lets them know where it is. Maybe this is something more of us should consider?

Just the road and my MBP.. wohoo.. No wireless networks - DOH! Oh well, wheres my ipod! :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousvdh View Post
what would you guys do ?
Here is what I do, to guard against this happening in the future:

and

In all seriousness though.. that 5UCKS!!! It's pretty obvious that it is either someone you know, or someone that has been in your home previously, based on the fact that they took HATS??? I feel for you Bro... Hopefully they catch the low-lifes. Thieves are cowards.

Lo-Jack would be great to have on that MBP right about now.
QUOTE Thanks
Brendan

Brendan is a jewel in the roughBrendan is a jewel in the rough

Wow, that sucks! Of course you should contact your local authorities, check eBay, and watch for those hats!

I have 30 New Era/59 Fifty caps, and I would hate to have a single one of them stolen!

Brendan Welsh
Aluminum Macbook Owner
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I would call the police, then file an insurance claim. Think about what RIDE suggested. Then are getting the claim check from the insurance company. I would look at what you thinking.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
biffyiffy

biffyiffy can only hope to improve

Drive around looking for someone wearing a New Era hat and an Eco watch.

If it was insured, why not use the $ for a refurb MBP?
QUOTE Thanks
TheInvsbleMan

TheInvsbleMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer_j View Post
I have seen on a thread around here a while ago or an article that was linked about some system you could install on your laptop and as soon as you report it stolen, the next time it connects to the internet it lets them know where it is. Maybe this is something more of us should consider?
that is called Lojack

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TJ669LL/A

It is sold right at the Apple store but it is third party. There is a one year license and a 3 year
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Memory | Does the MAC have these? »