New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

How big is the box that a MacBook Pro is shipped in?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

techmonkey

techmonkey is on a distinguished road

Can someone please post the dimensions for the box that Apple.com sends a MacBook Pro in? I am talking about the brown box, not the pretty box that contains the actual device.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

DO you know the dimensions of the "pretty box" that it comes in? Add about .5 to each dimension.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
techmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchR View Post
DO you know the dimensions of the "pretty box" that it comes in? Add about .5 to each dimension.
I need the dimensions of the brown box that its shipped in so I can calculate the shipping charge via UPS.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

The box that Apple ships them in is just a thin paperboard box(think cereal box) that fits over the "pretty" box. So shipping dimensions are about the same as the box that it comes it.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
nakile

nakile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmonkey View Post
I need the dimensions of the brown box that its shipped in so I can calculate the shipping charge via UPS.
Are you talking about how much Apple will charge to ship it to you?

If you live in the US, shipping is free.
QUOTE Thanks
techmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchR View Post
The box that Apple ships them in is just a thin paperboard box(think cereal box) that fits over the "pretty" box. So shipping dimensions are about the same as the box that it comes it.
Thanks. I am getting it shipped from another state, so I'm trying to calculate shipping via UPS.

So what is the dimensions to the pretty box ?

Amazon states this, but I thats the dimensions to the actual notebook.
Product Dimensions: 15.4 x 10.4 x 1 inches ; 6.8 pounds
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

The pretty box for my MBP 15" is 17x16.5x3.5
QUOTE Thanks
RobertB

RobertB is on a distinguished road

The MacBook Pro box itself is only 16" x 12" x 3" - but it comes in a shipping box, which (in my case anyway) was 18 1/4" x 14" x 5 1/2" and weighed about 10 lbs.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
The MacBook Pro box itself is only 16" x 12" x 3" - but it comes in a shipping box, which (in my case anyway) was 18 1/4" x 14" x 5 1/2" and weighed about 10 lbs.
Do you realise that this thread is almost 3 1/2 years old?
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Do you realise that this thread is almost 3 1/2 years old?
I could not help but LOL a bit. lolol. At least he is helpful and very specific

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, 13" MBP and MacMini

The real question is "Did the box grow (or shrink) in that three years?"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switched again and this time - for good! | My Experience (For those considering the switch) »