Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Jun 13, 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    17
    Specs:
    MacBook 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD
    Exclamation Buy Mac now or wait for Leopard
    Going to buy a Mac before starting college, trying to decide whether to wait for Leopard or take my chances and get Tiger OS on 2.16Ghz Macbook. Any suggestions?

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Jun 07, 2007
    Posts
    30
    well im waiting till leopard is out and that way it will come on the mac,instead of having to shell out extra 85£ for it

  3. #3

    scooter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 12, 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    539
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
    the macbook will not change any b4 then i think, so your just waiting on the new OS?
    you can always pick up Leopard later.
    From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Apr 19, 2007
    Posts
    780
    Specs:
    20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
    I'd buy it now, it's not like Vista where you'd have to save up $300 for it only to find that you need more RAM and a better processor.

  5. #5

    Alexis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 20, 2006
    Posts
    2,255
    Specs:
    Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Only you can answer that question.

    Leopard comes out in October and is $129. Make of that what you will.

  6. #6

    Justin_P's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 03, 2007
    Location
    West Sussex, United Kingdom
    Posts
    57
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb
    Buy it now, then when you start college you will be a student and you can get Leopard for a low price

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Jun 13, 2007
    Posts
    15
    I was trying to wait for Leopard, but once I get that 'I gotta buy a Mac feeling' I just cant wait!

  8. #8

    yogi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 14, 2005
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,054
    Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    I'm gonna buy a Macbook soon, and will buy Leopard separately so I can install it on both machines...

    I will of course buy the multlicense... *looks into a ceiling corner*
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

  9. #9


    Member Since
    Mar 19, 2007
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    428
    Specs:
    Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
    Everyone here is right...buy now, and upgrade down the road when you have the chance.

  10. #10

    KoDorSean's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 03, 2006
    Location
    Denver Colorado
    Posts
    2,371
    Specs:
    2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrum1458 View Post
    Going to buy a Mac before starting college, trying to decide whether to wait for Leopard or take my chances and get Tiger OS on 2.16Ghz Macbook. Any suggestions?
    In my opinion, I have never ran across a mac OS I have not liked even as far back as OS9.. I see no reason to wait.

    I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007

  11. #11

    Stretch's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 13, 2007
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,773
    Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    Do you need a computer now? If yes, get one now. If you don't need it immediately, wait until you do need it, then buy it.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

    Currently running OS X 10.10

  12. #12

    WasabiTaylor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 29, 2005
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    251
    Specs:
    iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYMS View Post
    Everyone here is right...buy now, and upgrade down the road when you have the chance.
    Yea. Plus that free iPod will offset the cost of Leopard down the road,

  13. #13

    vaughan80's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 14, 2007
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Posts
    341
    Specs:
    Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
    What new features are in Leopard? I'm also in the same boat here - considering buying a mac, but i CAN wait, if it's going to be worth it.

  14. #14

    Kash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 03, 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,385
    Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Check out Apple's website, it has a ton of information on Leopard's features.

    I agree, get yourself the Mac now. You'll get a free iPod with it, which you can probably sell to offset the $69 you'll have to pay for Leopard in October.

    Plus, in the meantime, you can familiarize yourself with Mac OS X. That way upgrading to Leopard will be far more natural

    June 2007
    July 2009

  15. #15

    elbolao23's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 19, 2007
    Posts
    118
    if i buy a mac now and then buy leopard can i install it in more than one computer? most probably not, is there any ways of installin the same cd on 2 computers?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Buy now or wait for Leopard?
    By Gonestarfishing in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 07:53 AM
  2. Purchase Help: Buy now or wait for Leopard
    By brademcee in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 12:21 PM
  3. Buy MacbookPro now or wait for Leopard?
    By hobs707 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 03:43 AM
  4. Buy now or wait for Leopard
    By kris182 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:24 AM
  5. Buy MB with Tiger now or wait until Leopard?
    By ART in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 05:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •