New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Student Discount..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Joeytpg

Guys.....i've read that with the student discount you can get a $100 off from the final iBook price, and a $200 off for P.B.

does this mean that if i buy lets say, a 15" PB, the 1.33 ghz ($1,999) with the S.D. i'll be paying $1,799???
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytpg
Guys.....i've read that with the student discount you can get a $100 off from the final iBook price, and a $200 off for P.B.

does this mean that if i buy lets say, a 15" PB, the 1.33 ghz ($1,999) with the S.D. i'll be paying $1,799???
To find out the pricing with the Education discount, just visit the "Store for Education" portion of the Apple website. To answer your question, the Education pricing for the 15" PB w/ Combo drive is indeed $1799. The 15" Superdrive models are $2299.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
Sundance

its not only $200... there is also a small discount for some upgrades too. so in reality you will be saving $200+!!

i bought my powerbook with the discount. it makes buying a mac much less hurtful on the pocketbook and it actually makes the 12" powerbook a very good bargain compared to pc 12" notebooks.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

For direct access to the Apple Store for Education:
http://www.apple.com/education/store/
(Make sure you use the appropriate store: Individual, not Institutional)
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

ok i went down to the http://www.apple.com/education/store/ link and i selected a university,after that it just sends me to the "Store" for me to pick the unit i'd like to buy, i chose a Powerbook, but at the end the "total price" was the same as if it didn't have no student discount, i don't get it....
QUOTE Thanks
section31

Not sure where you are located but you can also get the discount from an Apple store if there is one near you, just bring your student I.D. Once they told me that, I figured I'd go up there and get it directly so I didn't have to wait or worry about shipping.
QUOTE Thanks
prozach1576

I would recommend the SD to anyone. Online, they require no proof of enrollment or anything. I bought my PowerBook from Apple Education and said I was a student at the University of Michigan. I won't be there until August...
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozach1576
I would recommend the SD to anyone. Online, they require no proof of enrollment or anything. I bought my PowerBook from Apple Education and said I was a student at the University of Michigan. I won't be there until August...
You said that you will not be there until August. Are you enrolled? I know you have to apply almost a year in advance to be accepted into a university. So if you have been accepted at the university and have not attend yet, you are still a student.

And you would be on the roll at University of Michigan, whrn Apple check to see if you are a student.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
ok i went down to the http://www.apple.com/education/store/ link and i selected a university,after that it just sends me to the "Store" for me to pick the unit i'd like to buy, i chose a Powerbook, but at the end the "total price" was the same as if it didn't have no student discount, i don't get it....
I'm not sure why it isn't working for you, but when I click the link, then select a school under the "Shop for yourself" section (the one on the left beneath the photo of a woman using an Apple laptop), it takes me to the Education Store, where the prices are discounted. You'll know you're in the right place because the word Education will be printed in green beneath Apple Store in the upper left corner.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
I'm not sure why it isn't working for you, but when I click the link, then select a school under the "Shop for yourself" section (the one on the left beneath the photo of a woman using an Apple laptop), it takes me to the Education Store, where the prices are discounted. You'll know you're in the right place because the word Education will be printed in green beneath Apple Store in the upper left corner.

no no i mean..that works fine........but i mean....after choosing the unit i want to buy....the TOTAL price does not appear with the S.D. price.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Hmm...perhaps if we knew what school, which PowerBook model, and which accessories you are selecting...
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
no no i mean..that works fine........but i mean....after choosing the unit i want to buy....the TOTAL price does not appear with the S.D. price.
it doesnt say anything about the discounts you are getting it just shows the prices lower

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

that's the thing...it doesn't show the prices lowered at least not at the apple.es (spain) site....i'll be attending a University in Spain and i guess i should enter the "spain" university for discount purposes
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

they might not give you discounts in spain

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

You can also get Educational versions of software at greatly reduced prices...

They are normally exactly the same apart from the license agreement, you CAN NOT use them for BUSINESS or PERSONAL GAIN.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New PowerBook on my desk..a couple ?'s | Stickies problem »