New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

URGENT Help please guys.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dj-Amo

dj-Amo is on a distinguished road

hey guys.. i got a powerbook g4.. it died and i have so many importants things on it.. now im still quiet new to macs i dont know much about them.
thats what happened to my mac and please try to help me:
it worked perfectly before i went to bed.. when i woke up.. i tried to turn it on it turned on and loged in into the system and then froze.
i turned it off and on again
same thing happened
then after couple of time i try to turn it on.. it turns on but it keeps loading for hours.. and it never loges in to the system all i see is the white screen when you turn on your mac and i see that its loading but nothing happens.. please try to help me
QUOTE Thanks
scooter

scooter has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

hmm.......hard drive failure?

have you tried booting from the install/rescue discs?

From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!
QUOTE Thanks
dj-Amo

umm i dont know how to do that can you tell me? and i only have tiger cd for my mac
QUOTE Thanks
dj-Amo

so any help guys plz
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-Amo View Post
umm i dont know how to do that can you tell me? and i only have tiger cd for my mac
You can boot from the Tiger disc, hold down the C key as you power up with the disc in place.

When Tiger installation screen comes up go to the menu bar at the top and find the disc utilitity application, run that and you should be able to repair the disc.

If disc utility fails to find the hard drive then it is a job for the repair man.

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
dj-Amo

umm i did that but nothing came up
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

When you attempt to power up, do you hear the machine come up - fans start, hard drive spins up, etc.? You can usually hear these things. If no, you may have taken a power supply failure.

Do you get the Mac "audio splash" sound upon start up? Do you see the disk access light go on?

This will need to be walked through step by step to see where it is in trouble. In the end, you will likely need to take it in for service though. Sounds bad...

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« XP on an intel Mac, explain please | volume frozen »