New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Well, I finally got one.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

srp

srp is on a distinguished road

Hey Gang!

After being an avid Windows user, I finally managed to afford a Macintosh! I'm so thrilled.

I ordered a Macbook (Black) w/ 2.16 GHz, 1 GB memory, 160 GB HD, Double-layer SuperDrive.

I ordered it yesterday afternoon and was just notified that FedEx has just delivered it at my house. The fact that I am at work right now and can't get my hands on it right away is maddening!

But, good things come to those who wait - I think. Well, in this case, I know.

So, I look forward to the experience and basking in the knowledge available from y'all.

Later!
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

DoubleCap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD

Wow, that quick? Where do you live?

Congrats by the way, be prepared to hang out with your laptop and do nothing else for the next week.
QUOTE Thanks
srp

Quote:
Originally Posted by prpandey View Post
Wow, that quick? Where do you live?
I live in Louisiana. I ordered it from the Apple site & chose Standard Overnight for shipping ($27.00). FedEx was supposed to deliver it around 4:30 in the afternoon, but they delivered it around noon - which is fine by me!

Quote:
Congrats by the way, be prepared to hang out with your laptop and do nothing else for the next week.
Thanks! And I look forward to it.
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

this is a mistake many former PC users make: calling them 'Macintosh'. Please don't. There hasn't been a Mac labeled a Macintosh since the turn of the century.
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
this is a mistake many former PC users make: calling them 'Macintosh'. Please don't. There hasn't been a Mac labeled a Macintosh since the turn of the century.
Pfft, he's probably so excited, leave him alone!
QUOTE Thanks
srp

Quote:
Ouch! First switch.

Tingles.

P.S. I'm going to try to take some pics of my new Mac & post them.
QUOTE Thanks
kkelly122

kkelly122 is a jewel in the roughkkelly122 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP l iPhone l iPod

congrats man. i just got my first mac tuesday in the mail and i dont know why i ever used windows for this long. hope u are as excited as i am now writing on my new mbp. lets see those pics!
QUOTE Thanks
core20

core20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo

mac, macintosh, doesn't make a real difference for crying out loud, let him enjoy the computer without the ridiculous comments...

-enjoy it bro,that config.. is nice
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

PS - if you get the chance later on, try upgrading to 2GB, it makes quite a difference. Only if you have the cash. You can get the RAM sticks for like 70$ or newegg (on specials).
QUOTE Thanks
srp

Quote:
PS - if you get the chance later on, try upgrading to 2GB, it makes quite a difference. Only if you have the cash. You can get the RAM sticks for like 70$ or newegg (on specials).
You know...that's been on my mind. I try to max out the memory on any computer I get. I was going to upgrade to 2 GB before ordering it, but the price was a little steep already. I'd much prefer to just order it separately.
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

Guide to Installing RAM on MBs

Good choice on holding off - it's far cheaper doing it yourself. Trust me, and it's very easy too.
QUOTE Thanks
Brendan

Brendan is a jewel in the roughBrendan is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations on getting your MacBook. I hope that you enjoy it.

I've just decided that when I get my iMac I will definitely do next day shipping.

Brendan Welsh
Aluminum Macbook Owner
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
I just set up two new Core2Duo iMacs.

The hard disks in both of them were named "Macintosh HD" from the factory.

So either they're still Macintosh computers, or the HDs in those things were ripped out of some seven-year-old computers.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by core20 View Post
mac, macintosh, doesn't make a real difference for crying out loud, let him enjoy the computer without the ridiculous comments...

-enjoy it bro,that config.. is nice
Fry in MicrosoftHell (TM), oh thou betrayer of Apple Dogmata! Ye shall pay for thee ignorance!

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
srp

It was a long drive home for sure! I just couldn't wait to get my hands on my new Mac. I took a couple of pictures when I was opening it. This weekend, hopefully, I'll see how good they came out and see if they're worthy of bandwidth. I'll also take some pictures of my MacBook itself...in all its glory.

I was concerned about my Internet connection. Every single time I bought a new PC, I always had issues with the Internet connection settings. So, I was prepared. I had my router settings. I had my ISP settings. I was set baby.

I didn't need them! It found my router...I pressed a button...and that was it. The setup continued. No errors. Nothing. Just smooth productivity.

After my desktop came up...I clicked on Safari to see if I had an Internet connection (my wi-fi signal was excellent)...and I DID!

If this were any other PC...I'd still be fighting with Internet settings (and installing drivers, tons of updates, virus programs, anti-spy applications, etc...). But, with my Mac, I was using it in about 15 minutes after taking it out of the box!

Needless to say...I AM PLEASED! Money well spent!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« It's Official: Macs are NOT more expensive! | planning to purchase macbookpro »