New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I flipped my biscuit!!! (New MBP/pics inside!!)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

flilow06

flilow06 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!

So after waiting over three months... the release of the new MBP turned out to be all I hoped for. I ran over to the closest Apple store tonight and picked up a brand new 2.2ghz MBP with the good old student discount as well as a free Ipod (woohoo!). For my needs, for $500 it wasn't even a question that this machine will be more than enough compared to the 2.4ghz. I'm always disappointed that most people don't include pics with their brand new Mac stories so I made sure to include a few of those below. So far I'm extremely impressed.

The "Mac experience" has been everything it is cracked up to be, from the packaging in the box to the workmanship of the MBP. All I've gotten a chance to do is start downloading updates (which are taking an unusually long time but I imagine there's a good explanation for that). I'll definitely post up some more details on after I get a chance to thoroughly play with everything. Everything I do on the machine takes a lot of time as I'm trying to take make sure I do everything correctly... learning curve... I'll get there. For now... on to the pics!

QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

Very sexy! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
flilow06

flilow06 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKitten View Post
Very sexy! Thanks for sharing.
One more pic... just to put a face with a name for a great community of people I've been a part of for the past few months without even owning a Mac! Thanks everyone!

QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

Rock On Man... thats one Baaaad MacBook Pro.

Congrats, and have fun
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Oh you didn't?!

Well done mate.

I have to wait 2 weeks for delivery.

What's the LED screen like?
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Whoa, is this the one that came out today?!?!? If it is, Congrats!!! And thanks for sharing the pictures!

QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by flilow06 View Post
One more pic... just to put a face with a name for a great community of people I've been a part of for the past few months without even owning a Mac! Thanks everyone!

HAHAHAHA I know that smile! I think all Mac users get that when they unwrap their new baby

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

Absol-freakin-utely I know I had that Kid In A Candy Store Smile on my face when I was unWrapping my Brand Spanking New Black MacBook. It just feels great
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

lol awesome, dude. Congrats!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

That smile looks like me the day I brought home my iMac G5 and iBook G4. I will never get that day and still smile a lot of times when using both of them.
Congrats!!
QUOTE Thanks
JuanGuapo

JuanGuapo is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB

MBPs are nice. Nice machine man.
QUOTE Thanks
Nicholi

Nicholi is on a distinguished road

Exact same machine, except I opted for Matte' screen.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead" -- Charles Bukowski
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Thanks for the pics...wow! what a beauty.

Isn't it the most joyful moment? Yes!

Enjoy and keep comin' back to the best Mac forum on the net. Good to have you here.

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Wow, I haven't even had my MBP for an entire year, and I feel like mine's ancient technology, haha.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

What's the LED backlit screen like?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« problems with my mac mail account | Ways to protect my new purchase? »