New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I officially hate Sundays

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheNexLexLuthor

TheNexLexLuthor is on a distinguished road

So here i am, sitting in front of my families Dell desktop, on a Sunday. In my other Firefox window... is the tracking information for my brand new MacBook Pro. Because it is Sunday, my new love is sitting in the local fed ex warehouse a few miles away, and because its Sunday... i won't get my hands on it till tomorrow. Its killing me!

ha ha but due to a trivial shipping arrangement, i already have the neoprene protective case for it... which arrived yesterday.

Anyways, this will be my first mac ever, and i am ecstatic about the purchase. After playing around with my boss's black macbook at work, and spending several hours at the local mac shop, i fell in love with the OS as well as the hardware. All these factors led me to buy a 15 inch MBP, 2.16ghz, 2gb memory, and a 160gb drive... which I'm thinking might just be the best investment i've made in along time. I plan on using it for college in the fall.

Anyways, i think by now i'm just ranting on. I've been lurking around the forums for quite some time researching (the most important thing to do when dealing with expensive items... honestly), and i decided it was time to finally say hey.
QUOTE Thanks
snoslicer8

snoslicer8 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive

Welcome!

You've got just about the same set up as me, albeit you've got a bigger hard drive. You'll love it!

Make sure you've got the time to sit and play with it tomorrow, 'cause it's gonna be fun!

MacBook Air Unibody Core i5 1.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, iPhone 4S 32 GB White
QUOTE Thanks
TheNexLexLuthor

thats what i'm looking forward to! I don't have to work again until Wednesday, and now that schools out...
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNexLexLuthor View Post
thats what i'm looking forward to! I don't have to work again until Wednesday, and now that schools out...
schools out...for summer or what??? curse you americans and your longer summer vacation! we still have two months left!!!!!!!!!!

anyways, yeah. its really annoying when your Macs on its way and BAM! Sunday...
QUOTE Thanks
TheNexLexLuthor

Yeah schools out for summer... i start college classes on August 20th
QUOTE Thanks
PinkLemonade

PinkLemonade has a spectacular aura about

I was excited when I got my mini...nearly blew my top when I got my iBook...and my iMac...let's not go into details.

I can't imagine what getting a MBP would be like!
QUOTE Thanks
TheNexLexLuthor

I'm not gonna lie... to an outside observer... i probably look like a tweaker.
QUOTE Thanks
acash0902

acash0902 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD

not to be a party pooper, but you should of waited till atleast this tuesday or WWDC to purchase one, cause they are releasing a new one sooon...
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by acash0902 View Post
not to be a party pooper, but you should of waited till atleast this tuesday or WWDC to purchase one, cause they are releasing a new one sooon...
yeah...d'oh!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
TheNexLexLuthor

i thought i read that there was no certainty that a new one was coming out.

Oh well, i don't really care. .. i'll still have an Apple ha ha.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Excellent way of seeing things, TheNexLexLuthor. If we were all to wait to buy a Mac just in case the next best and newest Model came around the corner, Apple would have died a long time ago.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

I'd send that sucker back unopened, and get my money back or use the cash as credit for the new model. I think it's the same price.
QUOTE Thanks
TheNexLexLuthor

just curious... whats gonna make the new one better?
QUOTE Thanks
acash0902

acash0902 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD

the updated one will be faster, and will have brighter screen because of led lighting and will have longer battery life i believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
Excellent way of seeing things, TheNexLexLuthor. If we were all to wait to buy a Mac just in case the next best and newest Model came around the corner, Apple would have died a long time ago.
i understand your point, but if the predicted update is just 2 days away, or a week away, why not wait. It never hurts to wait, esp a short time for a $2000+ investment; get your moneys worth.
QUOTE Thanks
Justin_P

Justin_P is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb

I feel for you. I'm waiting for WWDC to get a new Macbook Pro and it's taking ages to get to the 11th.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« boot to darwin? | Collge Macbook Help »