New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

jpg on cd burned by PC?!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sundance

i have a few jpg pictures i burned on a pc... now i put it into my powerbook and i can't seem to get anything... how do i look at the contents of the cd? why doesn't iphoto just open up automatically?

:confused:

edit: ah nevermind... it seems the disc i was using was somehow defective. i burned a few other discs to test it out and they all worked fine!!
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

probably because the cd is formatted in a way the mac can see...though now that I've type that it doesn't sound right? Does the disk show up on your computer at all?

if so, you may have to manually tell the computer to open it up with preview or iphoto...I don't know...I haven't had any problems..I burned a whole lot of mp3s from my pc and put them on my mac with pure beauty and finess on the macs part.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

iPhoto will not automatically open unless its an iPhoto Library burned disc

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
fasheezy

fasheezy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD

i'm surprised you have a problem like that. it's usually the other way around (MAC cd on a PC) that doesn't work. speaking of which, i made a video for my gf and i burned it from my MAC and it wouldn't read on her PC, what's up with that? i made it in iMovie and saved it as whatever file extension iMovie automatically saves as, but Quicktime on her computer wouldn't read the file. anybody know why?
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Could be that her Quicktime needs updating
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark
Could be that her Quicktime needs updating
...Quicktime? I thought he/she said they were .jpg images?

Anyway, it won't open automatically unless iPhoto made the CD. Just double click on the CD when it appears on your desktop, and open the pictures manually. If the CD never appears, then the CD wasn't burned correctly and probably doesn't work on a PC either.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I think I'm going to go crazy | Import Outlook »