New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

What is this "...gritrouter..." business

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thebeartrack

thebeartrack is on a distinguished road

When I try to go to a website on my browser, something comes up with this "insightGrit Router" business in it. I have never seen this in my life! What is it and what do I have to reconfigure to make this work right?

I am so puzzled....

I am about ready to uninstall everything and start over. Do I have to?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeartrack View Post
When I try to go to a website on my browser, something comes up with this "insightGrit Router" business in it. I have never seen this in my life! What is it and what do I have to reconfigure to make this work right?

I am so puzzled....

Does this look familiar?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
snoslicer8

snoslicer8 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive

Can you post a screenshot so we can see? Use Ommand-Shift-3 or Command-Shift-4 and paste it in an image editor.

MacBook Air Unibody Core i5 1.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, iPhone 4S 32 GB White
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I am so puzzled....

You know, the more I'm thinking about this, the more I suspect that this is directly related to your other problem.

My guess is that you have some sort of Spyware or BHO installed on IE that is tracking your movements. I would suggest trying an anti-spyware app on your Windows installation. Try AdAware or Spybot Search & Destroy.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
You know, the more I'm thinking about this, the more I suspect that this is directly related to your other problem.

My guess is that you have some sort of Spyware or BHO installed on IE that is tracking your movements. I would suggest trying an anti-spyware app on your Windows installation. Try AdAware or Spybot Search & Destroy.
Or.........he could be tapping into the route they want the Insight delivery man to take to deliver his load of grits........
QUOTE Thanks
thebeartrack

thebeartrack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Does this look familiar?
I am just a little fish and don't mess around with Insight...I was so surprised to find out just what it was!! Big Brother strikes again.!!

How do I get rid of that kind of spying, etc. (Now remember, I am a little fishy in a new pond so...KISS...(Keep it simple, Sweety!)
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
I am just a little fish and don't mess around with Insight...I was so surprised to find out just what it was!! Big Brother strikes again.!!

How do I get rid of that kind of spying, etc. (Now remember, I am a little fishy in a new pond so...KISS...(Keep it simple, Sweety!)
Programs that are unintentionally installed on a user's system in order to track the user's behavior on the Internet are known as "Spyware" (sometimes also referred to as "Adware"). Windows is particularly susceptible to infection by Spyware programs - especially if you use Internet Explorer which is by far the most exploited web browser.

Fortunately, there is little (if any) spyware for the Mac. I've yet to hear of a situation, other than tracking cookies, of a Mac infected with Spyware.

With that said, you'll need to run some sort of anti-Spyware tool on your Windows installation to scan for and remove spyware. The tools I referred to in my earlier post should be able to find and remove the problem for you.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CD stuck in imac g3 | MIME files pleeease help! »