New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

He warranty

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Wakefield10

Wakefield10 is on a distinguished road

I'm planning to get the mid range white macbook for uni in september so I will be buying it in a couple of months. As I'm a university student I will get a 14% discount so I'll be paying 713 for it. I know that compared to a lot of people this is a lot cheaper but for me it's still expensive and one of the ways I could justify spending that much was the fact that apple are currently offering an extended 3yr warranty with all HE purchases.

Does anyone know how long this warranty offer lasts because I'm going away for a month soon and would be absolutely gutted if it wasnt included anymore. Should I just buy it now?
QUOTE Thanks
Stefan

Stefan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro

I'm not sure how long it lasts but if you want the extended warranty that badly then you may as well go for it now. In my opinion, why bother waiting?

Either that or contact Apple and ask them how long the offer lasts for, then base your purchase on that.

"Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
QUOTE Thanks
Wakefield10

I'm going backpacking for a month in july so I really dont have any spare cash at the moment, unless I spend my savings on the mac and take the big risk that I'll be able to get enough overtime to cover my holiday
QUOTE Thanks
Stefan

Stefan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro

Hmm. At the end of the day it's really your choice. It's up to you whether you want to go into your savings and get overtime etc. If i was you id contact Apple and see what the deal is with the warranty and when it runs out.

Hope my wisdom helps!!

"Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
QUOTE Thanks
Wakefield10

I just phoned apple up and its not a special offer, the warranty is always 3 years I'm really happy now, thanks for your advice
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I'm making the switch tomorrow!!!!!!!!! | iWeb Layouts? »