Thread: copy a CD on mac
05-10-2004, 10:58 AM #1supenguinGuestcopy a CD on mac
How do you copy a CD on a Mac with a combo drive? I searched on google and everything seemed to say just drag the CD to Toast or use Disk Copy. Well, I don't want to buy Toast (I don't copy CD's often) and the only Disk Copy on my system is the OS 9 one, which doesn't work in Panther.
05-10-2004, 12:08 PM #2
- Member Since
- Nov 04, 2003
- Southern Indiana
- Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Select "Help" from the Finder menu and enter "Disk Copy" in the search field. There will be an entry of "Duplicating a data compact disc". It will provide the steps for what you want.
05-10-2004, 01:42 PM #3
- Member Since
- Jul 22, 2003
- Hamilton College
- 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Duplicating a data compact disc
You can use Disk Utility to quickly make copies of a CD that contains information. To do so, first you create a copy, or "disk image," of the CD. Then you can make additional copies from the disk image. Disk Utility is a utility located in Applications/Utilities.
1. Insert the original disc in your computer's optical drive.
2. Open Disk Utility and select the disc in the left column.
3. Choose Images > New > "Image from Disk."
4. Type a name for the image, and choose a disk format.
5. Click Save.
6. Eject the disc when the disk image is done.
7. Select the disk image in the left column and choose Images > Burn.
8. Insert a blank CD disc and click Burn. (To see more options, such as making the disc appendable, click the triangle in the top-right corner before you click Burn.)Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By newbie1974 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 6Last Post: 11-21-2010, 08:17 AM
By omphs_xxxx in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 06-18-2008, 05:09 AM
By kmac in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2006, 04:23 PM
By geekboy2000 in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-30-2006, 01:18 AM
By pkny in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 11-29-2004, 08:30 PM