Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   FireFox PC bookmarks to my MAC? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/63746-firefox-pc-bookmarks-my-mac.html)

MikeT 05-26-2007 10:00 PM

FireFox PC bookmarks to my MAC?
 
Can I transfer the firefox bookmarks from my old PC to my new mac? I have just started this new imac up and am learning everything new. Please help, new mac user!!!!!:)

cwa107 05-26-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeT (Post 402089)
Can I transfer the firefox bookmarks from my old PC to my new mac? I have just started this new imac up and am learning everything new. Please help, new mac user!!!!!:)

Yep, it's easy.

Go into the Bookmarks manager on your PC, export the bookmarks (it will generate an HTML file). Then go into the Bookmarks manager on your Mac and import them.

rkulpajr 05-27-2007 12:05 AM

Faxmarks is a great tool
 
I use foxmarks (http://www.foxmarks.com/) as a plug-in for firefox...it allows you to see all of your bookmarks on all of your computers. When you add one it synchronizes all your machines. It allows me to have all of my bookmarks at work and on my PC as well as my Mac.
:)

dtravis7 05-27-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwa107 (Post 402101)
Yep, it's easy.

Go into the Bookmarks manager on your PC, export the bookmarks (it will generate an HTML file). Then go into the Bookmarks manager on your Mac and import them.

Good one CWA107! I usually do it the HARD way but your way is very easy. Will remember that next time!!! :D

voiceofra 05-27-2007 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkulpajr (Post 402175)
I use foxmarks (http://www.foxmarks.com/) as a plug-in for firefox...it allows you to see all of your bookmarks on all of your computers. When you add one it synchronizes all your machines. It allows me to have all of my bookmarks at work and on my PC as well as my Mac.
:)

Another vote here for foxmarks. It's how I keep my MacBook and my Parallels' Windows XP Firefox install synced up.

MikeT 05-27-2007 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwa107 (Post 402101)
Yep, it's easy.

Go into the Bookmarks manager on your PC, export the bookmarks (it will generate an HTML file). Then go into the Bookmarks manager on your Mac and import them.

Wow, that's easy! One more question. When I put the file on my mac, where do I put it? I see the HD icon on the mac and when I open it I see a few different folders in there. Do I need to put it in one particular one in there?

bobtomay 05-27-2007 09:10 AM

Open the browser on your Mac and use the Import Bookmarks from the menu.

cwa107 05-27-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeT (Post 402314)
Wow, that's easy! One more question. When I put the file on my mac, where do I put it? I see the HD icon on the mac and when I open it I see a few different folders in there. Do I need to put it in one particular one in there?

Well, you can import the file from anywhere on your Mac, but generally it is stored in:

<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/<your Firefox profile name>/bookmarks.html


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.