New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Superdrive: DVD burning quality??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Joeytpg

sup guys, i have a little doubt, how's the DVD burning quality with the Superdrive, i mean, burn a movie , then you play it (in your ibook's Superdrive, OR in an external DVD player like "SONY" or panasonic whatever) how's the quality?.....is it liek an original movie?? or you can definitely tell is a homemade copy?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

you can definitely tell because it has to be compressed from the professional DVD which is over 9 gb to fit on a 4.7 gb disc

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytpg
sup guys, i have a little doubt, how's the DVD burning quality with the Superdrive, i mean, burn a movie , then you play it (in your ibook's Superdrive, OR in an external DVD player like "SONY" or panasonic whatever) how's the quality?.....it's it liek the original movie?? or you can definitely tell is a burnt copy?
Are you in a tunnel? Don't talk about renting > copy > burning DVD in a Forum, just a hint ok? :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

they didn't say anything about renting then copying then burning.....they could be talking strictly about burning personel dvds of movies they already own.
QUOTE Thanks
MAC-simus

MAC-simus has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2GHz C2D macbook

Quote:
sup guys, i have a little doubt, how's the DVD burning quality with the Superdrive, i mean, burn a movie , then you play it (in your ibook's Superdrive, OR in an external DVD player like "SONY" or panasonic whatever) how's the quality?.....is it liek an original movie?? or you can definitely tell is a homemade copy?
DVD quality does not depend on the hardvare you use for burning. its the encoding that matters, bitrate so to speak. copyed DVDs will never have same quality as original, becaue the software that allows to reduce 7 gig dvd to 4.2 recompreses the DVD using lower bitrate. that couses the reduction in size. anyway you most probably wont notice the diference on TV screen, but it becomes obvious when you watch it on HD computer display.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMoney
they didn't say anything about renting then copying then burning.....they could be talking strictly about burning personel dvds of movies they already own.
no trust me it was there, i had edited it and missed a few spots which whiteshark picked up on but it was obvious

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

ohhh ok...That's illegal oopss..hehe you're right..shhhhhh

but none of you have done it yet??
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
no trust me it was there, i had edited it and missed a few spots which whiteshark picked up on but it was obvious
well, my bad...I missed reading into it...it was 3amish...so, yeah...well

shame on you guys...your supose to talk about burning your own dvds, not someone elses.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
ohhh ok...That's illegal oopss..hehe you're right..shhhhhh

but none of you have done it yet??
I have two hundred DVD movies. So I have not done, or even thought about it.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC-simus
DVD quality does not depend on the hardvare you use for burning. its the encoding that matters, bitrate so to speak. copyed DVDs will never have same quality as original, becaue the software that allows to reduce 7 gig dvd to 4.2 recompreses the DVD using lower bitrate. that couses the reduction in size. anyway you most probably wont notice the diference on TV screen, but it becomes obvious when you watch it on HD computer display.
Actually, printed DVD's such as those found when you buy Movie, have a much higher capacity than any DVD media you can find, typically about 15-17Gb's. Check it yourself. Place a movie in your DVD drive and browse it's content. Movie data on those discs are not compressed.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Who need's to waste time and resources, pirating a DVD? Just buy a bootleg in the shop, about 8RMB (Renmenbi) a movie! Buy 3 for 20RMB! Less than $2 US dollars a movie! Cheaper than the cinema! hehe
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« copy a CD on mac | Other on logon window »