New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I think I'm going to go crazy

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kananigirl

I was seriously going with the 12" powerbook, heck I'm probably going to still go and get it. I found out yesterday I won't be able to get that 15% off discount. My friend used all 3 of his discounts so I'm stuck paying the the full price. My lucky brother got the kewl discount with extra 512 RAM and an airport extreme card. :-P My friend did mention to me that some stuff is 10% off, if I wanted. The 15" Powerbook, only the 1 gHz combo drive one for the same price as the 12" Powerbook. Then as I was coming home I had thoughts, that I'd get the 12" ibook and just get it right now from the store.

Bummers...I want my Apple now.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

well, you'll get one soon enough. patience is the best way to deal with the situation though...in spending that much money, you want to make sure you get exaclty what you want. The 12" iBook is an excellent computer..however, if you really want the 12" or 15" powerbook, you should just wait a little longer...or if you would be completely happy either way....get the iBook.
QUOTE Thanks
Kananigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMoney
well, you'll get one soon enough. patience is the best way to deal with the situation though...in spending that much money, you want to make sure you get exaclty what you want. The 12" iBook is an excellent computer..however, if you really want the 12" or 15" powerbook, you should just wait a little longer...or if you would be completely happy either way....get the iBook.

I agree, I definitely need to be patient. One more week, one more week...
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

I'd say definitely wait for the Powerbook if that's what you truly want. However, the iBook is a perfectly capable machine for daily use, and students.

Definitely base your decision on which one you truly want, and not which one you can get first.
QUOTE Thanks
Kananigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris22x
I'd say definitely wait for the Powerbook if that's what you truly want. However, the iBook is a perfectly capable machine for daily use, and students.

Definitely base your decision on which one you truly want, and not which one you can get first.
I definitely agree with you... I was hoping for the one that will last me the longest in the end.
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

In that case I would definitely say that the Powerbook would be your best choice. The faster CPUs and frontside busses, will surely last you longer.
QUOTE Thanks
Kananigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris22x
In that case I would definitely say that the Powerbook would be your best choice. The faster CPUs and frontside busses, will surely last you longer.
That's what I was thinking... I'm also trying to find out about the homeschooling educational discount from my friend who works at Apple. Another friend told me to buy the computer that way, but it would be under one of my sisters.
QUOTE Thanks
iaminvincible

iaminvincible is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kananigirl
That's what I was thinking... I'm also trying to find out about the homeschooling educational discount from my friend who works at Apple. Another friend told me to buy the computer that way, but it would be under one of my sisters.
the apple store offers a student discount to students from almost any university or college. all you need to show them is your college i.d. i purchased my powerbook the same way. i got $200 off. you even get discount on other apple products....

An apple a day keeps the doctor away...
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

If i was you, i'd go for the
PowerBook™
you know you want one!
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

get ze powerbook frauline, you vill be happiyer becuz zat is vhat you veally vant
QUOTE Thanks
iaminvincible

iaminvincible is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram

yes definately get the powerbook!!1

An apple a day keeps the doctor away...
QUOTE Thanks
Kananigirl

Yep! I'm going with the powerbook 12". This time I do actually get my hand on a discount, so I'm super happy with that.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« i just don't know! (14" ibook Vs. 12" PB) | jpg on cd burned by PC?! »