New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Can anyone help with Vram?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nina

Nina is on a distinguished road

I've had my lovely mac for a couple of years but I am by no means an expert....

I've recently bought the game Age of Empires III and was really excited about playing it... until I realised I didn't have the right spec

According to my system I only have 32mb of VRAM were as 62mb is required to play. I understand this as some kind of video card? I've searched the net to find an upgrade but can't find anything specific to macs... can anyone point me in the right direction?
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

To help, we would have to know (at least) what type of Mac you have.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

If you have an iMac, eMac, or any kind of Apple Laptop there is nothing you can do. If you have a PowerMac, you can buy a new video card for it. Since every time Apple releases a new PowerMac there is a new video card interface we will need to know what computer you have.

QUOTE Thanks
Nina

Nina is on a distinguished road

I have an emac 1.25Ghz 10.3 ... this is not looking good.

Do you then think the best thing to do is sell the game?!
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
I have an emac 1.25Ghz 10.3 ... this is not looking good.

Do you then think the best thing to do is sell the game?!
Well you can try it, it might be able to run with the graphics settings turned down. If not then that's all you can do.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« terminal | sharing external hard drives »