Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LoneGman
    You OC folks are kinda strange to begin with, but I digress... Now, if only I can figure out how to pay for a Mac without starving to death, the world will truly be a better place! :p

-- Michael Bankston, AKA "LoneGman"

Specs:
    Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGman
    You OC folks are kinda strange to begin with, but I digress... Now, if only I can figure out how to pay for a Mac without starving to death, the world will truly be a better place! :p

-- Michael Bankston, AKA "LoneGman"
    I hear you on that one.. if only Macs were as cheap as the average bear! err.. i mean computer.

EY
    PowerBook G4. iLove it.

TylerMoney
    I think'll they come down in prices as soon as they up their numbers...they can't afford to give as low prices as pc companies...they put more money into their computers, and sell less.

ghenrytaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by alejandrico
    I used to have my Palm OS PDA look like OS X
    I hadn't even tried any Mac yet
    I got my IBook few months ago, and my PDA still looks like OS X
    There isn't anything wrong with that
    How did you do your Palm to look like OS X. I have a T3 and would love to have it look that way.

I also saw on The Screen Savers last night that Kevin Rose had a program to run OS X on a PeeCee. Ran slow, but it ran (with a generous amount of crashes and freezing thrown in).
    Thanks,
    Henry

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    OS X emulator on pc... neat but why not just run x86 BSD or Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by ghenrytaylor
    How did you do your Palm to look like OS X. I have a T3 and would love to have it look that way.

I also saw on The Screen Savers last night that Kevin Rose had a program to run OS X on a PeeCee. Ran slow, but it ran (with a generous amount of crashes and freezing thrown in).
    Thanks,
    Henry
    I have Zlaunchers and a OS X skin that order in PalGear
    The OS X emulator for PC's that has many problems is also known as MS Windows

Specs:
    iMac G5, 17.in screen. 1.8GHz, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
    i dont know though...think its about status? its like whats the point of having a lexus if its just a camry with a better engine? but yeah i agree with most people here that pc users got inferiority complex. we shouldnt look down on them, just accept them as pre-believers that dont got enough cash.
    nicklwj@gmail.com|Ugliness Shall Not Be Tolerated...

Quote Originally Posted by nicklwj
    i dont know though...think its about status? its like whats the point of having a lexus if its just a camry with a better engine? but yeah i agree with most people here that pc users got inferiority complex. we shouldnt look down on them, just accept them as pre-believers that dont got enough cash.
    why would you dig up this thread?

Specs:
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallooza
    why would you dig up this thread?
    Yeah, good question...

Specs:
    iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by witeshark
    jdoverkill: This is the most pointless thing if you see what I mean. Let them. Let them make every pc on Earth look exactly like a Mac with OS X. Dock, Macintosh hard drive, the works! Who cares? Mac isn't about looks, it's about the OS, and no pc running doz can ever do that, and Linux can get pretty close, and that's just fine. Isn't immitation the best compliment after all?
    Yep. Besides, simply imitating Windows won't make it crash any less, or be less susceptible to popups/spyware and virii.

sugoruyo
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklwj

/*OFF-TOPIC
    I got an Opel Vectra. Good enough? I love it's fuel consumption
    OFF-TOPIC*/

Still getting used to Tiger and losing it with [I-won't-pollute-my-Mac-by-saying-it's-name]

I used to try out these mods myself as some of them are pretty handy.
    Like a dock and kapsules for widgets.
    They can help a lot with everyday stuff.
    Till you get a mac that is.

They do however use up cpu time, loads o ram and even gpu time for direct3d rendering which i find completely annoying in combination with the slowness of [no-i-won't-say-it]

Specs:
    Custom PC
    I even used to mod my XP system to look like a Mac... The main reason was I could never afford a Mac, and all of my software, mainly games, were on Wintel. However, I now own a PowerBook and love it. Ever since I got it, I took all the OS X looking stuff off it, and I noticed a big performance jump and just use a simple blue-ish contemporary WindowBlinds theme.

Specs:
    iPad 32 GB 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by alejandrico
    I used to have my Palm OS PDA look like OS X
    I hadn't even tried any Mac yet
    I got my IBook few months ago, and my PDA still looks like OS X
    There isn't anything wrong with that
    LOL...I used to have an OSX theme running on my pocket PC (iPaq 2215). It was kind of cool to show off because people would be fooled now and again into thinking it was an Apple PDA .

But really, it's always baffled me that people get so obsessed with brand loyalty to the point that they rant and rave about how good their brand is and how horrible the other brand is. Usually, the people that are the loudest are the ones that know the least about the product. I've seen it in everything from Ford and Chevy pickups (grew up in Texas) to OSX vs Windows vs Linux/Unix/Whateverix to Pocket PC vs Palm and Hip Hop vs Rock and what have you.

If you are gaining some sort of ego boost by identifying with some brand of whatever the heck it is, you really, honestly and truly need to get a frickin LIFE. Using some sort of product does not make you better, smarter, or more creative in any way. It might mean, however, that you are just the type of rube that the marketers love.

Specs:
    iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4
    We **** will get a life, an iLife *rofl*

I don't see any point in propagating Mac to anyone. If I see someone frustrated with his PC i'll suggest a mac to him, but not force on and on about it. I haven't experienced it yet, but I will be entering professional level soon (architcture) and then the mac platform will really pay off.

But no use in fighting.
    To each his own. Besides, I HAVE a mac is all that matters. Why care for someone else's Computer situation?

Specs:
    iPad 32 GB 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi
    We **** will get a life, an iLife *rofl*

I don't see any point in propagating Mac to anyone. If I see someone frustrated with his PC i'll suggest a mac to him, but not force on and on about it. I haven't experienced it yet, but I will be entering professional level soon (architcture) and then the mac platform will really pay off.

But no use in fighting.
    To each his own. Besides, I HAVE a mac is all that matters. Why care for someone else's Computer situation?
    I am pretty much the IT department for an extended family (not to mention at work), so I do recommend Macs to people on a regular basis, but much of the time they aren't the right "fit". A teenager that is in to gaming? Not the right choice then-- I'd tell them to build up a custom setup with an AMD64 chip and a PCIE video card. Business PCs are pretty much also a no-go, from what I've seen Exchange server support on Macs is crap and most IT people don't want to be bothered with another architecture. I wouldn't mind using them at work, but the lack of mainstream CAD programs and Exchange server support is a non-starter. Not to mention that we use a proprietary program that is absolutely necessary for business operations and will only run on a PC.

But, someone needs a school computer or a home computer for Office type stuff, internet, and email? Get a Mac. Video or Audio editing? It's a no-brainer, iLife is perfect for most people. I really really really try to talk people in to a Mac when it's the right choice-- in particular because I don't want to be over at their house in a couple of months cleaning out to viruses and spy-ware and admonishing them for the thousandth time to keep their definitions up-to-date and to do regular scans. Oh, and don't install anything unless you know what it is.

And though I really like Macs, I really like PCs too, and I have a lot of fun with all of them.

Thread Information