New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

My dashboard icon disappeared from my Doc

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

n9ae

n9ae is on a distinguished road

Help I have no idea what I did but my dashboard icon disappeared from my doc. How do I put it back?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

go to your applications folder and drag the dashboard icon from there onto the dock where you want it.
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

You probably accidentally dragged it off the Dock, and it obediently went *poof*. Yeah, seriously. I would do this routinely by accident when I first started using a Wacom tablet (usually with Finder Sidebar icons.)

That said, since Dashboard is always running anyway and the only way to disable it is to use a command line, uh, command I've since intentionally dragged it off the dock. Yes, it's running, I'll hit F12 to invoke it, thanks. I've got enough things on my Dock.
QUOTE Thanks
n9ae

n9ae is on a distinguished road

Thanks it's back. This Mac stuff is just way too easy. lol.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

To LOCK your Dock so that no one inadvertently removes an icon from the Dock, use the following Terminal Command (Copy and Paste it it the Terminal) followed by pressing ENTER:

defaults write com.apple.dock contents-immutable -bool true

To UNLOCK the Dock, in order to add/remove icons from the Dock, copy/paste the following command in the Terminal, followed by pressing ENTER:

defaults delete com.apple.dock contents-immutable
QUOTE Thanks
Digger

Digger is on a distinguished road

I found out today there's a way to lock the dock if you download Onyx as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Love my MBP! | My iMac will be here tomorrow...... »