bradrowan
    i want to switch but...
    hello first time on this site and its pretty cool but my question i want to swich to a mac in a bit and does anyone know when the new powerbooks are coming out and with powerbooks or macs can they play games like pc like gta3 or do u need virtual pc to do that and would that be slow. is there a virual mac?? for pc before i get a mac and is there any reviews and pics for macs for starting for a mac. thank you

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    1. They just released new powerbooks last week
    2. It depends on what game it is..You would have to look at its requirements to see if it would run a mac otherwise you would need VPC.....VPC does not support 3D graphics so most high end games that only work on PCs would not run great on macs
    3. There is no virtual mac
    4. apple.com is the best place to read and see pictures of all of their products
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Quote Originally Posted by bradrowan
    hello first time on this site and its pretty cool but my question i want to swich to a mac in<snip> for pc before i get a mac and is there any reviews and pics for macs for starting for a mac. thank you
    I based my switch more on OS stability and security then gaming, but a Mac on line and a doz box on the side off line for games may be a thought

Specs:
    2GHz C2D macbook
    hello first time on this site and its pretty cool but my question i want to swich to a mac in a bit and does anyone know when the new powerbooks are coming out and with powerbooks or macs can they play games like pc like gta3 or do u need virtual pc to do that and would that be slow. is there a virual mac?? for pc before i get a mac and is there any reviews and pics for macs for starting for a mac. thank you
    if you want stability and security to work, you need to get mac, if your primary interest is gaming get playstation or xbox.

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Keep your PC for the gaming. Get a Mac for everything else.

WilliS
    get a mac for doing everything... keep your pc if you want to remember why you got a mac

personally i think by 2005 nearly all games will be ported for both systems... and now all the best games are already ported for both... if you want to wait, wait for the g5 laptops...which will come out in the fall-winter or beginning of next year i would think.

im not one for making predictions, but i do think that gamers are raising an eyebrow to the power of the new g5's... and the possibility of a godly gaming machine... gamers have never been the cheapest of computer buyers... when i was into LAN parties, and counter strike tourny's, everyone had a top of the line computer, no matter what it cost us to get it.... so money isnt an issue for big time gamers hehe

sooo.
    -Wait for the G5 laptops
    -Although hard to find in stores, most games are ported to mac and can be ordered online
    -Many more games will be ported to mac soon! (i believe)
    -Virtual pc works for all computers up to g4... but has 3d video problems... they should be fixing this when they fix virtual pc for G5

TylerMoney
    agreed...though there are more and more games coming to mac everyday...but I wouldn't depend on the mac for the games...I have my pc....and use it when I play baulders gate or counter strike...that's about it..everything else I do on my nice little 12" powerbook...while sitting on my bed in my roomm...or sitting anywhere for that matter.

nicholas
    So true. PC's do have a mountain of games compared to Mac's current little hill, comparitively speaking. But like Willis says, by 2005 almost all popular hit titles will be ported to both platforms, and probably near simultaneous release-dates as well (if Unreal 2004 was any indication of things to come).

While even mediocre PC's can adequately play many PC games, it seems only the really high-end Macs (read: recent G4's or any G5) can even dare to turn an eye towards the newest Mac titles. But if money was no oject, and price was nothing but a number (I said price, not age, Mr. R Kelly!), I think Mac's are awesome and there is NO PC that can do better. Only match it, at best. Oh, and PS2 or XBOX? I have both, and they can both stay home. They're weak sauce and lack gameplay depth, options, and their graphics are dated. Just look at Rainbow Six, for example. About 75% of the pre-mission planning is simplified. Whether it's because the game doesn't have enough space or because the game companies don't think console gamers are willing to spend that much time strategizing, I don't know. But fact is, computers will always have a leg up on gaming, and as of now, Macs and PCs are tied in that arena when it comes to sheer performance and spittin out raw frame rates.

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
    Lightbulb

If you play a lot of GTA and Counter Strike and wanna get things like Condition Zero and Half Life 2 soon, then don't get a Mac coz you won't be happy. Mac is good for security and stability, not for gaming. Hope that helps.

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Doz + games off line... Mac on line... :p

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Nah, just have Norton ready.

Thread Information