New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Add me to the switch list...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Goffee

Goffee is on a distinguished road

I wasn't sold by the Mac/PC adverts, funny though Mitchell & Webb (UK version) are. However, this might just make me do it... blummin Vista!

I had a bunch of digital photos that needed printing quickly. The nearby Boots store has a nice Kodak kiosk machine that does it all in a couple of minutes, so I copied the files to a blank CD-R and Finalised it using Vista’s built-in burning and toddled down to the shop.

Only to be told by the Kodak computer that the disc was not recognised, or blank – the tears in my eyes made it hard to tell which.

Anyway, guess what – I tried the same process on the office Mac with OS-X, copied the pictures, clicked Burn disc and off I toddled. No problem whatsoever! Mac 1 – Vista (a big fat) 0.

Full story at - www.goffee-freelance.co.uk
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

well... congrats on switching. Glad you now are now using a computer system you enjoy.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffee View Post
I wasn't sold by the Mac/PC adverts, funny though Mitchell & Webb (UK version) are. However, this might just make me do it... blummin Vista!

I had a bunch of digital photos that needed printing quickly. The nearby Boots store has a nice Kodak kiosk machine that does it all in a couple of minutes, so I copied the files to a blank CD-R and Finalised it using Vista’s built-in burning and toddled down to the shop.

Only to be told by the Kodak computer that the disc was not recognised, or blank – the tears in my eyes made it hard to tell which.

Anyway, guess what – I tried the same process on the office Mac with OS-X, copied the pictures, clicked Burn disc and off I toddled. No problem whatsoever! Mac 1 – Vista (a big fat) 0.

Full story at - www.goffee-freelance.co.uk
I haven't created any CDs, but if it works the same as copying DVDs, you have to make sure it's using the correct method. With DVDs it makes it so you can add and delete files from the disc with some kind of new system, and if you don't tell it to burn like a normal DVD, it won't be recognizable by other OSs, uncluding XP. Neat feature, but the default should be set to a classic burn.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Congrats - we are glad to have you here.
QUOTE Thanks
gilesjuk

gilesjuk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.

Vista also corrupts some Canon RAW files.

http://www.adidap.com/2007/03/02/win...d-and-1ds-raw/

I'm sure Apple would never have such problems?
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

I've had Vista make a coaster when it threw up strange options and then started a countdown!

Everything's so much more effort with it.
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesjuk View Post
Vista also corrupts some Canon RAW files.

http://www.adidap.com/2007/03/02/win...d-and-1ds-raw/

I'm sure Apple would never have such problems?
Only ones labeled as .Tif. I have thousands of 30D, 300D and 400D RAW files that I have stored on my laptop, and there is nothing wrong with them.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

I can't remember the last time I got a working CD out of a Windows machine. I've lost count of how many ruined Slipstreamed XP CDs I've thrown away.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question about OS X Software updates | No reason to fear "trying out" apps, right? »