New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Stopping new Safari windows from cascading

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

d00kie

Limited to the 1024x768 resolution on my iBook, I always made sure that Safari windows would take up the entire screen space (width at least). But, everytime I make a new window, it cascades the window to the right about 15 pixels, regardless of window size. While it lets you jump back the previous window easily, I prefer the power of Expose+Hot corners to do all my switching around.

I was wondering if there was a way to turn this off. I highly doubt that there is but maybe someone has come up with a solution. What about Firefox? I'm considering it as Safari tends to crash after about 3-4 hours even when idle.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Update to the latest version of Safari, it does not do this.
QUOTE Thanks
GLJones

GLJones is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook

You can also tell it to open new windows in a Tab instead of a new browser window. It's in the Preferences.
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

Yes, tabs are MUCH better than windows in my personal opinion. You might give them a try.

That's one of my few complaints about my Powerbook is the XGA resolution limited to 1024x768...but I'm learning to use the screen space well.
QUOTE Thanks
d00kie

I'm not fond of the tabs because whenever I want to switch tabs fast I tend to hit the close button on the sides.

I guess I'll see if there's a Safari update.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00kie
Limited to the 1024x768 resolution on my iBook, I always made sure that Safari <snip> I'm considering it as Safari tends to crash after about 3-4 hours even when idle.
Have you been clearing history and emptying cache?
QUOTE Thanks
d00kie

I clean/empty history/cache every week, and manually delete unknown/advertiser/spyware cookies every other week

BTW the 1.2 update solves it, thanks! I haven't got much time to test Safari's stability in the new version. Hopefully it wouldn't crash.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I am pissed off ! | Video & Photo Editing on 12" Powerbook »