New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Not a good way to be introduced to Apple

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

justSwitched

Ordered the G5 deal with the 23" monitor couple weeks ago. I recieved my monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse last Monday...but they said computer will be here today...how I was looking forward to coming home today.

Well, not here and when I got online there was a message that it wouldnt be here till May 12th!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it! I called and they said cause I ordered extra memory that was the hold up (so glad they waited to the day it was suppose to arrive to tell me this).

My question is, it that the IBM issue I have been reading about?

Im just so frustrated! Now have to stare at my beautiful monitor for another 3 weeks and still use my PC.......

UGGGGG just had to vent I guess
QUOTE Thanks
EYPUFF

EYPUFF is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive

I say, you should use that monster of a screen on your PC.. that way it won't go to waste.. or you can just give it to me in the mean time..

EY

PowerBook G4. iLove it.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

I feel so bad! My Mac was ordered with increased RAM too but it arrived right on time... I hope they can pick up the pace on that! That's a sweety avatar!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Yeah I do believe it's the IBM deal.. I think that's why the computer I ordered is going to take awhile also, same exact reason. I wouldnt mind have a 23 inch display to look at though.. I could just stare at that thing for hours at a time
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

It has nothing to do with IBM. IBM makes the G5 processor, not the RAM.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Just tough luck, I think. Apple didn't have a large enough supply of RAM, or the supplier was late in delivering it to Apple, or something like that. Must be extremely frustrating....
QUOTE Thanks
lugee

Or it could be that you’ll be getting an updated Mac as eMac, and the notebooks been updated and only the iMac and Power Macs to go…
QUOTE Thanks
WilliS

nothing like having it come 2 weeks late :-p

i ordered my g5 in july... got it in the end of september

but that monitor you got is enough to keep me busy for hours at a time...just stairing at it... oooooooooooo la la
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

My dual G5 took about 10 days to arrive and by the time it had it had been all over the world, apparently they put together most of it in Taiwan then ship it to Canada or the US to get aquainted with it's processors and any other extras you order, then it goes to Holland to be paired up with the monitor, then it goes to Ireland to be ... um ... somethinged (maybe that's where they put in the relevant discs?) an dthen finally it gets shipped to your doorstep.

Luckily I'm not far from Ireland.

When I discovered that the monitors came from Holland I immediately thought "Philips", do they make them I wonder?

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

That's an awful lot of traveling for a system to get assembled. Bit of a world tour at that! :p
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

This may be a little late advice for you, but it is way cheaper to just get the Mac with the standard amount of RAM from Apple and then buy the extra RAM from somewhere like Crucial. Apple charges and arm and a leg for extra RAM if you get it from them.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
hardheart

I bought my G5 at CompUSA in September of 2003 and I took it home the same day I saw the beauty sitting on display!! To make my already [great] day better I received a discount for being a student at Purdue University! YIPPIE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help w/ torrent files. | College student Discount ??? »