Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   Two silly questions (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/59973-two-silly-questions.html)

netlover 04-19-2007 06:20 PM

Two silly questions

I thought since theyre both silly questions I'd ask them here rather than creating two seperate posts.

First question, Does the iRemote have battery? Coz I cant seem to find a battery slot anywhere. If not, how do you recharge them?

Second question, How do I remove some of the widgets I already have?

RiDE 04-19-2007 06:31 PM

Hi Netlover,
Yes.. the remote has a Battery... See HERE

Widgets... Press F12.. then click the PLUS (+) in the lower left corner of the screen... Now click the "x" on the widgets you no longer want in use.

There are no silly questions.... :D:D:D

gtg622r 04-19-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE (Post 375833)
There are no silly questions.... :D:D:D

:nono:

The only silly question is a question not asked! :D:D:D

netlover 04-19-2007 07:46 PM

lool

Thanks guys. Funny I didnt notice that + sign there before.

netlover 05-02-2007 02:26 PM

Ok I thought I'll add another question to the silly question database :)

As you know, the MacBook always makes the beep sound when you turn it on. My question is, my Macbook is connected to some external speakers, and it works fine with it. Howcome though when I switch the Macbook on, the famous beep sound plays on the MacBook speaker rather than the external speakers its connected to?

Thanks

knightlie 05-02-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netlover (Post 385223)
Ok I thought I'll add another question to the silly question database :)

As you know, the MacBook always makes the beep sound when you turn it on. My question is, my Macbook is connected to some external speakers, and it works fine with it. Howcome though when I switch the Macbook on, the famous beep sound plays on the MacBook speaker rather than the external speakers its connected to?

Thanks

That's a feature, my iMac does the same.

narf1899 05-02-2007 04:24 PM

with the removing a widget thing, u dont actually have to press the plus sign. a faster way to do it is hold the option key while u move ur mouse over a wigdet, which will reveal the X button in the upper left of the widget.

KoDorSean 05-02-2007 06:13 PM

netlover, no questions are silly.

netlover 05-02-2007 07:21 PM

ooh thanks :)

RiDE 05-02-2007 07:44 PM

Regarding the start-up sound.... that is a system "test", you want to hear it on the macbook built-in speakers.

bobtomay 05-02-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE (Post 385470)
Regarding the start-up sound.... that is a system "test", you want to hear it on the macbook built-in speakers.

And the drivers that enable the external port have not been loaded yet.