New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

College student Discount ???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Joeytpg

Guys, i read here some where that you can get some sort of Discount at Apple if you are a college student??...can someone splay that to me?

i'm about to start a Master's in Spain and i could really use a Discount in my new Powerbook (i plan to buy it on august hopefully)

so anyone?...College student Discount?......what is it?...how can i get it?....
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

There are some, like this - but how it helps in Spain I am not sure
QUOTE Thanks
WilliS

go to apple's store section, on the side panel there is an educational discount... click on it and such.. then you enter in your school, and you will get a % off of the original price. i did this when i baught my G5.. i currently go to penn state, so i dropped the price from $4100 to like 3500.. i was very pleased

infact you can get a % off of everything in their store when you are logged in as a student.

im not sure if they check to see if you actually go there though lol...i havent been so bold as to lie :-p but i cant see them actually varifying this info... because i baught it over the summer, before i actually attended PSU
QUOTE Thanks
trenollet

The education discount is only availible when ordering from Apple's website or by purchasing at an Apple store. You can not get the discount thru vendors. Last time I checked, the discount was $100.00 for PowerBooks. Any accessories you purchase will usually be $10 off. My brother-in-law bought an iBook last year and saved about $200 total with his discount.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytpg
Guys, i read here some where that you can get some sort of Discount at Apple if you are a college student??...can someone splay that to me?

i'm about to start a Master's in Spain and i could really use a Discount in my new Powerbook (i plan to buy it on august hopefully)

so anyone?...College student Discount?......what is it?...how can i get it?....
I'm not sure if the US Apple store will allow you the discount (and the US Apple Education site won't help because it only lists US schools), but they most likely will give you the discount if you explain the situation. You can stop at a local Apple Retail store and ask, or call Apple (1-800-MY-APPLE). Otherwise, you can buy it once you're in Spain at the Apple Spain Education website.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

If you enrol at the art institute, they have a site specifically built for art institute students.....we get about a 10% discount I think...and that's on everything....all you have to do is go to the site..it's pretty amazing..

Apparenlty the Art Institutes around the US are some of Apples biggest buyers...possibly the biggest.
QUOTE Thanks
meanopause

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMoney
If you enrol at the art institute, they have a site specifically built for art institute students.....we get about a 10% discount I think...and that's on everything....all you have to do is go to the site..it's pretty amazing..

Apparenlty the Art Institutes around the US are some of Apples biggest buyers...possibly the biggest.
yea i belive it's saytek.com
or
aistudentstore.com
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Apple does check to see if you are a student.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

yeah, it's saytek
and I didn't see any checking when I bought my iPod..I just went on the site, and bought...didn't have to enter anything special. I guess they could check an art institute list of some sort.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

When you order on-line, they check see if you are a student when they verify the credit card. At the Apple brick and mortar store they check your student id.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
taxxman2k

I just got my powerbook last weekend, the powerbook g4 (atleast the 15" screen) was $200 off and the ibook was $100 off.
QUOTE Thanks
nesuser2

If it's a really big issue, find somebody who is a student and have them order it. Not that many people are huge Mac fans and you're sure to find somebody that isn't going to use their 1 per year discount on an ibook or a powerbook. I know I sure wouldn't have any trouble finding a willing contestant. I would have more trouble finding the $$
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxxman2k
I just got my powerbook last weekend, the powerbook g4 (atleast the 15" screen) was $200 off and the ibook was $100 off.

$200 off??.....how ????
QUOTE Thanks
nesuser2

I just checked mine. As a college student it gives a $200 discount for the powerbook 15".
QUOTE Thanks
hardheart

I bought my G5 and 20" display at CompUSA and they did not check to see if I actually attended Purdue. Infact, I volunteered my student ID and they said no that they believed me. I got my 20" display for around 550 and my G5 tower was around 1850.

yep, love apple.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Not a good way to be introduced to Apple | Some questions... »