New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Drag/Drop > sec. HDD. I want it to move, not copy.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

colinpeddle

colinpeddle is on a distinguished road

So I'm a switcher. I'm a pretty big power user and spend a lot of time on my pc. Most of my work is with photography.

Anyway, my issue, is that with windows, you could r/click drag/drop something and it'll ask you to move/copy. I essentially want my drag/drops to always move. If i want them to copy, i cmd+c to do it. So it is fine when I'm doing it all on the same hdd, but I tend to work off my desktop then move stuff afterwards. Which means drag/drop then delete orig.

Is there a way to A) make it ask or B) be allowed to drag/drop to other hdd's and not copy, just move ??

(just realized I stuck this in the wrong section, if a mod could kindly move it )
QUOTE Thanks
MacBurg

MacBurg has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G

Click and drag the item to be moved, then hold down command and you will see the little green plus disappear, this means that when you drop the item will be moved, not copied.
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

By the way colinpeddle, "cmd" is the key right next to the space bar with the little Apple logo on it.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I just can't stand it anymore... | pc game & new mac? »