Specs:
    Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
    Question decided to switch
    I did not make the purchase yet but I have my sights on the dual 1.8 ghz Power Mac G5. My question is, are the rumors true about the dual 3.0 ghz machine coming out? If so when do u think it will be out? Should I just hold off a few months and wait so see what pans out? Do u think the prices will fall? Thanks for your input :confused:

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    It's all guess work... If you are ok with what you have now, waiting a bit could make some sense if all out performance is really important. I personally didn't wanna wait, so here I am with my G4 and I am totally pleased with it's performance

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by captainstabbin
    I did not make the purchase yet but I have my sights on the dual 1.8 ghz Power Mac G5. My question is, are the rumors true about the dual 3.0 ghz machine coming out? If so when do u think it will be out? Should I just hold off a few months and wait so see what pans out? Do u think the prices will fall? Thanks for your input :confused:
    The prices may fall slightly, but probably not by a tremendous amount. As far as waiting is concerned, there will always be another machine on its way, it's just a matter of how long you "wait". I bought my iBook towards the very end of its life-cycle, and the G4's were introduced about 4 months later. At first I was a bit disappointed, but when I thought about it, I enjoyed using my machine for those 4 months, and there is no way I would have wanted to wait for a new one. I'm very happy with my purchase, and wouldn't change anything if I could go back and do it over again.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

Thread Information