crazeazn
    outlook 2003 => entourage
    i need to move my contacts and my old email over any ideas on how to do this?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    Hmm.. I havent used Outlook, but my guess is that you can create a folder on the desktop, select all your contacts in Outlook, drag them to that folder. Within that folder should be a bunch of .vcf files and then you just drag those to entourage. If that doesnt work.. I might have a couple more ideas..

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by crazeazn
    What I did was to cut-paste the addresses from the old outlook express address book to a text file. Then I e-mailed the text file to myself and pasted each of the addresses I wanted to my Mac address book. Worked out quite neatly!

crazeazn
    Quote Originally Posted by witeshark
    What I did was to cut-paste the addresses from the old outlook express address book to a text file. Then I e-mailed the text file to myself and pasted each of the addresses I wanted to my Mac address book. Worked out quite neatly!
    outlook express != outlook, i will try the vcf thing when i get a chance, any ideas with the emails? ( i have alot of attachment files on those emails that i need!!)

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    outlook express != outlook, i will try the vcf thing when i get a chance, any ideas with the emails? ( i have alot of attachment files on those emails that i need!!)
    I guess with those I'd forward them fom the pc and not reopen e-mail til you can from the Mac.

crazeazn
    Quote Originally Posted by witeshark
    I guess with those I'd forward them fom the pc and not reopen e-mail til you can from the Mac.
    i cant do that its over 1 gig worth of email..

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    Either burn them to a DVD (or multiples CD's depending on your hardware) or you can just transfer the files over your network(assuming that you have one)...or...I never tried this but I heard some people talking about it....Connect the two computer via firewire or via standard (RJ-47) Ethernet Cable and tranfer away!

southside
    importing mail from Outlook 2003 to Entourage:

- to keep attachments in-tact required me to go from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Express (import), and then into Mozilla (import), and then renaming (adding mbox filename extension) and copying the resulting mailboxes to the PowerBook (using RbrowserLite freeware FTP program), and then dragging/dropping them into Entourage

had no problems importing contacts (output vcards from Outlook into a email message, saved them to a folder, copied them to the PowerBook, and dragged/dropped them into Entourage address area)...

all of above know-how gained from google searches and forum searches...

SouthSide

Thread Information